Authentique Twilight Pocket Folio Tutorial
Hello, Friends! Today I’m going to help you get your Halloween on with this Authentique Twilight Pocket Folio Tutorial. This 5″ x 7″ tag and pocket folio is such a quick and easy make that you will want to make loads of them. And, it’s adaptable to any season or theme! Just change out the papers and you are good to go! How spooktacular is that?
I’m always on the lookout for pocket style cards, and went hunting on Pinterest to see what I could find. There were loads of tutorials for a double pocket card, but they were all sized for 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ card bases. Since I like a nice big card base, I had to pull out my pencil and do some math-ing, which always makes my brain hurt. But after a few false starts, I figured out how to create this version of a pocket card, which I love.
Create a belly band as the folio closure. I generally use magnets to secure these, but this folio was just a tad bit chubby (too much candy corn???) so I had to decorate a binder clip and secure everything with that instead.
Mat the witch sticker on a die cut doily and adhere to the belly band. Add Diamond Stickles for just the right touch of glittery goodness.
Authentique Twilight Pocket Folio Tutorial: Making the Tag Insert
You will learn how to create the pocket card base and line the pages in the video tutorial below. Every pocket needs a tag, though, so here’s how to make this cute tag insert:
- First, cut a 3 3/4″ x 8 1/2″ panel of heavy black cardstock.
- Then cut (2) 3 5/8″ x 8 3/8″ panels of Twilight patterned paper.
- Next, round the bottom corners with a 1/2″ corner rounder punch.
- Now, shape the top corners with a Stub Shaped corner punch.
- Line both sides of the tag.
- Attach ric rac with Dries Clear Adhesive, letting the ends hang over the edges of the tag.
- Now tie the ric rack together with some baker’s twine and add buttons.
- Mat a 3 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ panel of the cobweb paper on a slightly larger panel of black cardstock.
- Then mat the image and adhere.
- Punch a hole in the top of the tag and add ribbons and flowers.
Mat a sentiment or photo panel on the back of the tag and decorate with stickers to finish.
Authentique Twilight Pocket Folio Tutorial: A Peek Inside
The inside of the folio is so cute! You’ll learn how to cover the pages in the tutorial.
TIP: File folder stickers make the perfect tuck spot for a treat. Mat on a piece of black card that is slightly wider and twice as tall. Place the sticker on the top half, score and fold. Then adhere the back side to the folio base. Insert a small paper clip to hold the file folder shut, then slip in the candy.
Use scraps of black card to make a little photo wallet to tuck into a pocket on the opposite page.
Authentique Twilight Pocket Folio Tutorial:: The flip side
The cool thing about this design is that you end up having a second pocket on the back side of the folio.
This is the perfect spot to tuck in a couple more little photo wallets.
Authentique Twilight Pocket Folio Tutorial: The Youtube Video
To learn how to make this folio base, just click play.
You’ll find a linked supply list at the bottom of this post.
I hope I’ve shared some tips, tricks and ideas that will help you get your Halloween crafting underway. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Have a boo-tiful day!
- Authentique Twilight 12×12 Collection Kit
- 12″ x 18″ midnight black 100# cardstock
- Halloween Ribbons
- WOC Mixed Earth Tone Roses
- Buttons, Brads and charms from my stash