Authentique Wintery Walk Shaker Card
Hello, Friends! Today’s Authentique Wintery Walk Shaker Card is a blast from the past. We’re getting close to the time of year when many of us make New Year’s Resolutions or set goals for the coming year. One of my goals is to dig into my vast paper stash and use up some of my favorite retired collections.
The Wintery Collection was released by Authentique in October 2016. This (now retired) collection stole my heart. I still love the color palette, gorgeous patterns, vintage images and fresh vintage styling. Do you have some in your stash? Then why not pull it out and create a fabulous winter themed card with it today?
Walking in a Winter Wonderland
Take a minute and look at the 3 cute cowgirls all dressed in wintry white. It was an easy choice to make them the focal image for this 5 1/2″ square top fold card. Here are some tips and tricks to help you re-create this Wintery Wonderland.
- First, heat emboss a chipboard frame with Shabby Ivory embossing powder to amp up the winter vibe on this whimsical card.
- Next, brush the edges of card panels, flowers and leaves with chalk paint and then sprinkle with fine glitter to create a snowy finish.
- Make your card layers pop! Mat each card layer on Spectrum Tricycle Red Cardstock.
- Then, create your own blizzard. Fill the shaker box with mini snowmen, snowflakes and white sequins.
- Finally, add some cute wintry buttons to carry out the theme.
A Peek Inside
This is a great card for winter birthdays. Turn it into a gift by adding pockets inside.
- First, turn a 3×4 journal card into a tea pocket. Simply adhere 3 sides! Easy peasy!
- Next, create a pocket on the bottom to hold a gift card wallet and a little chocolate snowman treat.
Tuck a gift card, monetary gift, tickets or small token inside the gift card wallet. You can also add a border strip to a plain white cardstock to create a blank note card.
I’m going to try to share more “blasts from the past” in 2021 and hopefully use up a bunch of papers from favorite retired collections. Who is with me? Let me hear from you in the comment section below.
And, if you’d like to see some older projects made with this charming collection, please click HERE.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Wintery 12×12 and 6×6 paper collections (retired)
- Spectrum Tricycle Red Cardstock (out of stock)
- Chipboard Frame (FSJ Retired, but substitute THIS frame)
- Stampendous Shabby Ivory Embossing Enamel
- Sequin Mix
- Wintry Mix Sprinkletz (out of stock)
- Blizzard Sequin Tin (out of stock)
- Slate Blue Wrinkled Ribbon
- Dollar Tree Snowflake