Autumn Serenade Slimline Card Folio Tutorial with Photoplay Meadow’s Glow & Spellbinders
Hello, Friends! This Autumn Serenade Slimline Card Folio Tutorial is really, truly my final fall project for 2023! I know I said I was “done with fall” yesterday, but that was before I opened up the new Photoplay Meadow’s Glow collection. Did I need a new pack of autumn papers? No…I did not. But when you see how gorgeous these papers are, and how perfectly they work with the new Spellbinders Autumn Serenade Sunflower Dies, you will understand my weakness.
See what I mean? If you love autumn hues and images as much as I do, I give you permission to allow these papers to fall into your shopping cart, too!
TIP: Add extra depth and dimension to your card background with stamps. I used the Spellbinders Autumn Serenade Clear Stamp to add text and ink blots to the cream background on my designer papers. We’ll do this together in the tutorial, too.
Making the Sunflower
You simply will not believe how easy it is to make this layered sunflower! We’ll do it together in the video tutorial,
TIP: Die cut your flower petals, leaves and stem from two different patterned papers to create a richly hued sunflower.
A Peek Inside
Here’s how to build this slimline card folio base:
- First, score an 11″ x 8 1/2″ piece of heavy brown cardstock at 4″, 4 1/2″ and * 1/2″.
- Line the front and inside panels with 3 7/8″ x 8 3/8″ panels of Gold My Color cardstock. Then choose 3 5/8″ x 8 1/8″ panels of patterned papers to go over the cardstock.
- You will need (2) 2 1/8″ x 8 7/8″ panels of patterned paper to line the flap page.
- Cut a row of (4) 3×4 images and score between the images. Accordion fold so that the sunflower journal card is on the front. Adhere 1/2″ of the back panel to the flap page. Hold everything closed with a tiny hinge clip.
You can see the accordion pull out here. Aren’t the images lovely? I’m so glad they give you two of each sheet in the paper pack!
Stamp a sentiment and some images on the inside flap. The pocket on the right is made with the offcut from the center panel. Just add gussets to the back and you’ve got a pocket!
The center panel is easy to decorate: just add a chipboard sentiment. Mat a tag sticker on a scrap of patterned paper and insert in the pocket.
Pumpkin Spice Tea Wallet
Create a tea wallet by scoring a 3 1/2″ x 12″ strip of Ginger cardstock at 5 1/2″ and 11″. The one inch overhang becomes a pocket for your teabag.
Stamp on a panel of cream cardstock, but leave room to write your greeting. This card folio would make a lovely hostess gift for the Thanksgiving holiday!
Autumn Serenade Slimline Card Folio Tutorial on YouTube
If you’d like to take a tour of the Meadow’s Glow paper collection and then see how this card is created, I hope you can join me over on my YouTube channel for the free tutorial.
You’ll find a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks so much for stopping by, friends!
- Spellbinders Serenade of Autumn Collection
- Photoplay Meadow’s Glow Collection Kit
- Meadow’s Glow Cardstock Variety Pack
- Pumpkin Baker’s Twine