Throwback Thursday: Simple Stories Autumn Splendor Shaker Card
Hello, Friends! Welcome to Throwback Thursday! This week I’m featuring Simple Stories Autumn Splendor Collection in a shaker card format. If you’re not familiar with this line, you are in for a treat. I love the shades of teal, rust and gold in this lovely botanical collection.
Naturally, I decided to turn a chipboard frame from the collection into a shaker box. This is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- First, cut clear cardstock to fit the back of the frame. Adhere it with Dries Clear Adhesive.
- Next, add 1/4″ foam tape around the perimeter of the frame. I like to use at least 2 layers to make room for larger elements like buttons and pearls. Three layers is best.
- Finally, cut a panel of designer paper to serve as a backer for the frame. I chose a pretty fall botanical. Then I tucked in a die cut butterfly, added my sequins and adhered the frame over the panel.
Autumn Splendor Shaker Card Details
Brush gorgeous fall roses with a bit of copper metallic paint to give them an aging, faded look. Then pile on bits and bobs from the Autumn Splendor ephemera pack to create lots of lovely layers. Add some pretty bows, burlap string, and of course, buttons to finish off the card.
My favorite element might be this gorgeous butterfly from Reneabouquets. I tell ya, friends, I am addicted to these winged beauties!
A Peek Inside
I’ve tucked loads of goodies inside this card folio. The papers are so gorgeous I could not stop myself. Instead of using a pocket on top of the card, try adding a belly band. Then you can slip a little photo mat behind it. The back side has a blank panel for a note or photo.
The pocket has ample room for a tea wallet, honey stick, chocolate and a darling vintage silver plate demitasse spoon. ( I am also addicted to these little beauties!)
There’s room to write a wee message inside the tea wallet. But mostly I wanted you to see a close up of this precious little spoon. The details in these lovely old pieces thrills me. I love the care and craftsmanship that went into the design and manufacture. They hearken back to a gentler era, and I just love them. I keep a sharp eye out for them at yard sales, flea markets and estate sales.
I hope you enjoyed this warm and cozy Autumn Splendor Shaker Card. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
PS….for some reason, WordPress has stopped delivering your comments to my email account. I’m working on figuring out how to fix this, but for the time being, please know that I am responding to your comments in the discussion thread below each post. Technology…..it’s great when it works, but a real pain when it does not!
Thanks for stopping by!
Note: Throwback Thursday posts feature older collections and goodies from my stash. My intent is to encourage you to dig into your crafty stash and make something beautiful with product that you already have in house. Some of these items are no longer available for purchase, so I am not able to link to them. Thanks for understanding!
- Simple Stories Autumn Splendor Essentials Kit
- Reneabouquets Flowers
- Mint Chocolate Chip Butterflies from Reneabouquets
- Peacock Feathers Shaker Mix (the buttons came from this as well)
- Noble Peacock Seam Binding
- Acorn Buttons