This hop is now closed. The randomly chosen winner is Debra Lovell from Kerry’s blog.
Autumn Zinnias Shaker Card for the Heartfelt Creations October 2020 Alumni Blog Hop
Hello,, Friends! Let’s get this Heartfelt Creations Alumni Blog Hop started with an Autumn Zinnias Shaker Card!
The hop starts right now and runs until 11:55 PM EDT on Monday, November 2nd. During that time you can visit all the lovely Heartfelt Creations Alumni Team blogs, leave a comment and be entered to win a $25 Heartfelt Creations gift card! The winner will be announced on the Heartfelt Creations blog and Facebook page on Wednesday, November 4th. I will also post the name of the randomly chosen winner at the top of this blog post at that time. The winner will then have 72 hours to contact [email protected] by email. Please write “Winner of the October 2020 Alumni Blog Hop” in the subject line of your email.
Summer’s Garden to Autumn Zinnias
My mother grew a big tub filled to overflowing with vibrant zinnias every summer. The bold colors always delighted me. Summer gardens have now faded away, so I decided to create an Autumn Zinnia garden with the Summer’s Garden collection for the hop. If you’ve never made a shaker card before, this is a very easy way to get started!
- Begin by cutting a 4 5/8″ x 6 5/8″ panel of designer paper. Mat this on a slightly larger panel of peach cardstock. This panel will be the card front on a 5″ x 7″ top fold card cut from rust cardstock.
- Next, use the largest oval die from Heartfelt Creations Eyelet Oval and Basics Large Die set to cut an oval from clear cardstock.
- Now, die cut the largest Ornate Ovals from cream cardstock. Then center one of the Basic Ovals on the Ornate Oval and run through your die cutting machine again. You want to have about a 1/4″ rim around the inside of the oval.
- Next, adhere the clear cardstock oval to the back of the Ornate Oval Die cut using Dries Clear Adhesive.
- Then back this with 3 layers of 1/8″ foam strips to form a shaker box.
- Now place a pile of sequins, buttons and beads on the 4 5/8″ x 6 5/8″ panel of designer paper. Carefully line up the shaker box and press to adhere.
Fall Zinnias from Summer’s Garden
Stamp the Small Garden Zinnias on Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper. I used Distress Oxide Inks in Abandoned Coral and Wild Honey. Then heat emboss with clear powder. Color the flower layers by swiping them through puddles of Abandoned Coral, Wild Honey, Ripe Persimmon and Warm Mustard Distress Inks. Then gently heat dry to make the embossing powder pop through to the surface.
Die cut the zinnias with the Summer Garden Die. Then shape the petals with the Golf Flower Shaping Tools and the Heartfelt Creations Ball Stylus.
Layer the flowers together, then spray with Gold Glimmer Mist to add some shine. Fill the centers with Go Mango Prills. Then adhere around the card. Add ribbon and any embellishments you fancy, and the card front is done!
A Peek Inside
Finish the inside of the card with more designer papers. Add a pocket to hold a little note card and bookmark.
Cut a small card front from the paper collection. Leave an extra border on the left hand side. Score a 1/2″ flap , then tuck behind the designer paper panel to form a little flap. Glue the sides and bottom of another card front to form a pocket. Then tuck a little fall tea bag treat inside. You can add a die cut tag and brad assembly to hold the flap closed.
On With the Hop
Now hop on over and see what paper pretties the rest of the team have in store for you. The winner of the $25 Heartfelt Creations Gift card will be randomly chosen from a mystery blog, so remember to leave a sweet comment on each blog in the hop.
I hope I’ve shared some tips, tricks and ideas that you can use in your next crafty adventure! You’ll find a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks for hopping by!
- Heartfelt Creations
- Other Products from Heartfelt Creations
- Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper
- Clear Cardstock
- Golf Flower Shaping Tools
- Ball Stylus and Shaping Mat
- Go Mango Prills
Distress Oxide Inks, Distress Inks, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Gold Glimmer Mist