Baby Easter Bunny Shaker Card
Hello, Friends! Hippety Hoppity here comes a Baby Easter Bunny Shaker Card to add a bit of sunshine to your day. This color palette reminds me of the beautiful azalea bushes that bloom here in the South. They come in all colors, and when they burst into bloom, it’s as though even Earth has dressed up in her Easter finery to celebrate the Risen Lord!
And how cute is this wee Easter Bunny from Reneabouquets? I’ve paired it up with the delicate Heart Deco Beautiful Board Frame. It’s very easy to convert the frame into a shaker box element with these simple steps:
- First, heat emboss the frame with Versamark Ink and WOW! Singing in the Rain Embossing Powder.
- Next, die cut a clear cardstock insert with Spellbinders Large Standard Circle Die. Adhere this to the back side of the frame with Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive.
- While you are die cutting, die cut a circle of the bunny patterned paper using the same circle die.
- Now add a triple layer of 1/8″ foam strips over the cardstock insert. I like to use a tripe layer of foam so that I can add buttons and pearls to my shaker mix. But it you are using just sequins, a single layer will do.
- Then fill the cavity of the shaker box with your shaker mix. Seal it with the die cut circle of bunny paper.
- Adhere the Baby Easter Bunny to the frame with more foam dimensionals. Don’t forget to add some to the back side of the bunny to fill in the gap between it and the card base.
Create a ribbon border using trims from the Really Reasonable Ribbon March Ribbon Club Collection. I chose to work with the Hot Pink Delicate Stitched Satin and the Spring Leaf Satin Ribbon.
Tie a triple loop bow with the Hot Pink Delicate Stitched Satin, then top it with a cluster of Pink Chrysanthemums and Sweetheart blossoms. And every Easter Bunny needs a floral bow-tie, don’t you agree?
A Peek Inside
Here’s a peek inside this sweet little vintage style card. More pretty papers and a pocket full of treats finish it off perfectly!
Spring is really starting to pop here in North Carolina. I am spying hyacinths, daffodils, and cherry blossoms in full bloom. Bradford Pears and Flowering Plums are ready to burst any day. It’s such a treat to see the earth awaken from it’s winter nap! I hope you are starting to see a few signs of spring wherever you are!
You’ll find a linked supply list below. Thanks for stopping by!
- Authentique Best of Springtime Paper Collection
- Really Reasonable Ribbon March Ribbon Club Assortment
- Lilac Lane Dusty Rose Shaker Mix
- Clear Cardstock
- 1/8″ Foam Strips
- Wow! Singing in the Rain Embossing Powder
- Versamark Ink Pad
Why am I not surprised that this is a shaker card?! You do seem to enjoy adding a shaker element to the large majority of your cards…a “signature element.” Love the floral display on this one. Is Easter really that close? Apparently so!! As this is the last official week of winter, I shouldn’t be so shocked that March is already half over!! Nice project!
Kathy, this card is just too precious! That little bunny is so cute and those colors! Yes I can definitely see beautiful azaleas. Love the buttons and shaker elements in that pretty frame. Such a sweet card. Thank you for sharing! Hugs!
This card is just over-the-top cute, Kathy. That little bunny is adorable, especially with that little flower and bow. A shaker card is just what that little one needs to add to the fun. tfs-stay well.
Wish I could make bows that look like yours! I blame it to the fact that I had all boys, no girls! It’s a lovely card, and the color reminds me, too, of blooming azaleas. My son and his Virginia born wife lived in a lovely older home with a “hedge” of azaleas from the side of the house, which set back a long way to the street, out to the sidewalk in front. It was spectacular! In the meantime we are still dealing with snow, so your lovely spring cards fill me with hope that maybe we will eventually get there ourselves. Thanks for keeping all of us inspired!
Kathy, I love this card with all the pinks, and all I can say is, Reneau makes the most adorable embellishments – the bunny is precious, and love the frame also. Thanks for sharing this wonderful card!!
Gorgeous Easter Bunny Shaker card, Kathy! Luv all your beautiful papers…and bows and just all your embellishments …inside and out! Thanks for giving us even more inspiration! Hugs, Suzy Q
beautiful card Kathy. You are the shaker queen. Love the bunny image! Super cute.
This card made my tender heart just sigh! So sweet, precious and gorgeous all wrapped into one perfect card.
Adorable bunny and I like the chicks on the inside.