Echo Park Welcome Baby Girl Kangaroo Pocket Card Folio for Really Reasonable Ribbon
Hello, Friends! Are you wondering what a Kangaroo Pocket Card Folio is? Well, your curiosity is about to be satisfied! This fun fold card has an itty bitty accordion folio tucked into the dimensional pocket on the cover. As the design came together, all I could think of was a baby kangaroo tucked inside her mommy’s pouch. Take a look:
Is that cute or what?
TIP: Pick up the deep pink tones of the pastel plaid by adding a Shocking Pink Checkerboard Satin Ribbon closure.
The First Year Unfolds
Capture every single memory of baby’s first year in this teeny tiny 3 1/4″ square accordion folio. It’s the perfect size for a brag book! Here’s how:
- First, cut 3 sheets of Echo Park Welcome Baby Girl Solids into 12″ x 3 1/4″ strips.
- Now, overlap each strip about 1/4″ and adhere to form one very long strip that is 3 1/4″ tall.
- Next, score this strip every 3 1/4″ all the way down the length.
- Then accordion fold. You will end up with a short flap that can be tucked inside to form a pocket.
- Wrap Shocking Pink Checkerboard Satin Ribbon around the center of the folded folio. Use 1/2″ Scor-Tape to hold it in place.
- Now you just need to cut apart the 3×3 images and some 3×3 panels of designer paper to cover the pages.
- Decorate the cover and you’re done! You can see how the folio unfolds in the video tour below.
Quick and Cute Paper Clip Embellishment
Next you can make a quick and cute paper clip embellishment to hold the fun fold card closed. This vinyl coated paper clip is 1 1/2″ long.
- First, cut a 4″ piece of Shocking Pink Plaid Ribbon.
- Next, fold the ends of the ribbon in half. Cut from the fold to the outside edge to create fishtail banner ends.
- Now fold the ribbon in half and thread the loop through the top of the paper clip.
- Then pull the legs through the loop and tighten.
- Finish with an iridescent metallic string bow and an itty bitty cluster of flowers.
A Peek Inside
Here’s a look at what’s hiding behind the front flap. There’s a little pocket with a 3×4 journal card insert. Then I matted a sentiment card on hot pink cardstock and used stickers to frame it. Light Pink Ric-Rac makes a pretty border, but keeps the card from being too bulky.
Flip open the card cover to find a belly band and photo mat inserts. There’s also a pocket and photo mat in the center of the card. So there’s lots and lots of room for sweet memories and photos of baby’s first year.
Kangaroo Pocket Card Folio Project Share on YouTube
I thought you might want to see how the accordion folio looks inside, so I created a little 5 minute video tour for you.
You can find a linked supply list below the signature. I hope you enjoyed this cutie pie card. I’m sending it to my sweet niece who just welcomed baby girl #4 to the family. So sweet!
Thanks for stopping by!
- Really Reasonable Ribbon April 2021 Ribbon Club
- Iridescent Metallic String
- 1/2″ Scor-Tape
- Echo Park Welcome Baby Girl Collection
- Flowers from my stash