Echo Park Welcome Baby Girl Kangaroo Pocket Card Folio for Really Reasonable Ribbon
Hello, Friends! Are you wondering what a Kangaroo Pocket Card Folio is? Well, your curiosity is about to be satisfied! This fun fold card has an itty bitty accordion folio tucked into the dimensional pocket on the cover. As the design came together, all I could think of was a baby kangaroo tucked inside her mommy’s pouch. Take a look:
Is that cute or what?
TIP: Pick up the deep pink tones of the pastel plaid by adding a Shocking Pink Checkerboard Satin Ribbon closure.
The First Year Unfolds
Capture every single memory of baby’s first year in this teeny tiny 3 1/4″ square accordion folio. It’s the perfect size for a brag book! Here’s how:
- First, cut 3 sheets of Echo Park Welcome Baby Girl Solids into 12″ x 3 1/4″ strips.
- Now, overlap each strip about 1/4″ and adhere to form one very long strip that is 3 1/4″ tall.
- Next, score this strip every 3 1/4″ all the way down the length.
- Then accordion fold. You will end up with a short flap that can be tucked inside to form a pocket.
- Wrap Shocking Pink Checkerboard Satin Ribbon around the center of the folded folio. Use 1/2″ Scor-Tape to hold it in place.
- Now you just need to cut apart the 3×3 images and some 3×3 panels of designer paper to cover the pages.
- Decorate the cover and you’re done! You can see how the folio unfolds in the video tour below.
Quick and Cute Paper Clip Embellishment
Next you can make a quick and cute paper clip embellishment to hold the fun fold card closed. This vinyl coated paper clip is 1 1/2″ long.
- First, cut a 4″ piece of Shocking Pink Plaid Ribbon.
- Next, fold the ends of the ribbon in half. Cut from the fold to the outside edge to create fishtail banner ends.
- Now fold the ribbon in half and thread the loop through the top of the paper clip.
- Then pull the legs through the loop and tighten.
- Finish with an iridescent metallic string bow and an itty bitty cluster of flowers.
A Peek Inside
Here’s a look at what’s hiding behind the front flap. There’s a little pocket with a 3×4 journal card insert. Then I matted a sentiment card on hot pink cardstock and used stickers to frame it. Light Pink Ric-Rac makes a pretty border, but keeps the card from being too bulky.
Flip open the card cover to find a belly band and photo mat inserts. There’s also a pocket and photo mat in the center of the card. So there’s lots and lots of room for sweet memories and photos of baby’s first year.
Kangaroo Pocket Card Folio Project Share on YouTube
I thought you might want to see how the accordion folio looks inside, so I created a little 5 minute video tour for you.
You can find a linked supply list below the signature. I hope you enjoyed this cutie pie card. I’m sending it to my sweet niece who just welcomed baby girl #4 to the family. So sweet!
Thanks for stopping by!
- Really Reasonable Ribbon April 2021 Ribbon Club
- Iridescent Metallic String
- 1/2″ Scor-Tape
- Echo Park Welcome Baby Girl Collection
- Flowers from my stash
How adorable is this one Kathy. Some Mom will really enjoy receiving this one as a very special gift. And at a later date she can show her child when old enough to understand. Super cute. Be safe & well wishes to Dale. Prayers Be safe & TYFS
Kathy, this folio is just too timely for the recent birth of my grand niece! Everything about it is just what my sister would want for a grandmother’s “brag book” that would become a keepsake as she journals thoughts about and for this little one. The front pocket to hold the Z fold booklet is a wonderful idea, especially as it flips across the front from the back piece. The cardstock is a must have. It will be used as soon as I get it. 🙂 tfs-stay well. Hugs.
How sweet and love the kangaroo pocket.
Love it! The pocket is a great design. Love your work Kathy, so much detail, always. Much love from BC
I’ll never look at cut-parts again without remembering this kangaroo pocket idea!
Hi Kathy ~ I love this new creation of yours! I’ve got a young couple that is expecting their first baby and already know it’s a girl, so this is perfect for them! Can’t wait to gather my supplies and get it created! BTW, I’ve finally done your ‘What I Learned From My Dog’ folio and love it! Everyone I’ve shown it to is enchanted with you and your creativity. I believe you have lots of new blog followers, lol!
SWOON❣️ This Blockbuster make is utterly charming and so endearing. What a “bonny” way to celebrate the birth, a cherished keepsake to be passed down generations, and, as if that wasn’t enough, a beautiful baby room decoration. You have done it again Kathy and the video was very helpful in conceptualizing construction. Love your coined phrase for the little folio, Kangaroo Pocket Card Folio – as cute as the make.
This is another amazing card and I wish I had someone I knew who I could make this for. I just received your Carta Bella Quarterly kit and cannot wait to play with it. Keep up the good work…you inspire me!
This is a perfect gift in itself, Kathy! Completely adorable – I love it!!!
OMG, Kathy! This folio is so precious I can’t stand it! The “kangaroo” pocket is such a fantastic design. I love all of the little animal images and that gorgeous ribbon. Any Mom with a baby girl would be so thrilled to get this beautiful gift! Thank you for sharing! Hugs!