Beautiful Authentique Poised Card Folio Tutorial for Really Reasonable Ribbon
Hello, Friends! Today I have a shabby chic Beautiful Authentique Poised Card Folio Tutorial to share with you. The April Ribbon Club from RRR is the perfect playmate for the yellow/gray tones in Authentique Paper’s Poised collection. Take a look:
How shabbylicious is this? Here’s how to create the cover of this 5″ x 7″ top fold card folio.
- First, use steel grey cardstock to create a 5″ x 7″ top fold card base with a 1/2″ spine. You can find a tutorial for doing this with one sheet of 8 1/2″ x 11″ paper HERE.
- Next, cut a 4 7/8″ rectangle of Poised 5. Do not adhere it to the card base at this time.
- Now cut a 4 7/8″ x 5″ panel from the reverse side of Poised 5. Mat just the top and bottom edges with steel grey cardstock. Center this on the first panel.
- Then, cut a 3″ tall belly band from Poised 2. Once again, mat just the top and bottom edges and center on the Poised 5 panel.
- Die cut a doily, or cut a ready-made doily in half. Adhere each half above and below the belly band.
- To add extra detail, stitch around the perimeter of these panels on your sewing machine.
Beautiful Authentique Poised Card Folio Tutorial: Creating the Card Focal
- Begin by cutting a 4″ square panel from Poised 2. Double mat this on both Lemon Drop and Steel Grey cardstock. Then stitch around the perimeter.
- Next, back this panel with foam dimensionals or waste chipboard. Center and adhere over the doily/belly band layer.
- Now, die cut a Stitched Oval from Poised 6. Back this with dimensionals and adhere in the center of the Poised 2 panel.
- Then fussy cut the silhouette image from Poised 6. Leave a little grey border around the edge as you fussy cut. Back with dimensionals and adhere in the center of the oval.
- Note: I tapped the flowers with Art Institute Dries Clear adhesive, then sprinkled with Art Institute Angel Dust Glitter.
Beautiful Authentique Poised Card Folio Tutorial: Bow Cluster
To create the bow cluster:
- First, select a few yellow flowers from your stash and arrange them along the left hand side of the card.
- Next, use your Zutter Bow it All Tool to tie a Charcoal Shimmer Satin Ribbon 3″ double loop bow. Tuck this slightly below the largest flower, using hot glue to secure in place.
- Adhere a fancy button over the knot.
Beautiful Authentique Poised Card Folio Tutorial: Finishing Touches
To create the banner element:
- First, punch out all the banner letters from the Poised 12×12 Components Sheet. Mat these on scraps of the Steel Grey and Lemon Drop cardstock.
- Next, place foam dots on the back sides of the “B” and the “Y” pennants. Adhere these letters to the top of the card as seen in the photo.
- Now, use adhesive to attach the corners of the “A” and “U” pennants. Back with foam dots and place as seen in the photo.
- Then place foam dots behind the “E” and the “T” pennants. Attach these so that they overlap the tops of the other pennants, as seen in the photo.
- Tie 1/2″ bows with some twine and adhere in the corners.
- Then attach bitty buttons using hot glue to secure.
To finish, punch out the sentiment from the Cardstock Components sheet. Back the bottom edge with dimensionals and adhere as seen in the photo. Add a mini paper clip in the top right hand corner.
This completes the card cover.
Authentique Poised Card Folio Tutorial: A Peek Inside
Add a couple of pockets inside the card. To make the side pocket on the top of the card, I simply cut my designer paper 1 3/4″ wider than the card base, scored, folded and adhered the top and bottom edge. The side pocket holds a magnet made with the large sentiment panel from the collection. I simply inserted a large Basic Grey Magnet between my designer papers and some cardstock, and stitched this up on the sewing machine. Top this with Yellow/Grey Chevron Stripe Grosgrain Ribbon and a posy.
Fill the bottom pocket with 2 little treat folios.
To make the folios, cut cardstock scraps to measure 8 1/4″ wide by 3 1/4″ tall. Score at 4 1/8″ and fold. To make the pocket inside, cut a 5 1/2″ x 3″ panel of paper, score at 4″ and fold to create a pocket. If you are using a vertical image, orient the paper in portrait mode. For a horizontal image, orient in landscape mode. Then tuck in your treats!
A card folio like this does double duty as a gift, especially when you tuck in a little honey stick to go along with the tea.
I hope I’ve shared some tips, techniques and inspiration that you can use in your own crafty adventures. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Thanks for stopping by!
Authentique Poised Card Folio Tutorial: Supply List
- Authentique Paper
- Poised 12×12 Collection Kit (includes 12×12 Cardstock Elements Sheet)
- Really Reasonable Ribbon
- Authentique Paper
- MFT Stitched Oval STAX Die-namics
- Cheery Lynn Ornament One Die (retired)
- Little Birdie Flowers from AC Moore
- Button from my Stash
- Bitty Buttons
- Mini Paper Clip
- Basic Grey Large Magnets
Hi Kathy a wonderful Kathy masterpiece!!! The folio is beautiful and a perfect gift too. I am loving the colours, grey and yellow are so perfect together. As always your bows are a masterpiece, I love the sentiments too. The inside always matches the main card so a delight to explore too. Thank you for your hints, tips and comprehensive explanation of this beautiful card Take care xx
So lovely, Kathy. Like this color combination of the papers and embellishments. The tucked in pieces are just right, as always. tfs.
My creative eyes are drawn to the banner! Nicely designed element on this project. Your tutorials are so easy to understand. thanks for all the photos. Well done!
Really like your use of the colours in this Kathy. Unique and beautiful.
Oh I love this! Even though yellow is not my go-to color you have made me drool! So adt!
A beautiful card!
Absolutely adorable, Kathy. Love the card and your tutorial was fantastic!
Kathy, this folio is so elegant! What a wonderful gift/folio this would make for any special lady. I just LOVE that little “beauty” banner across the top. How sweet and clever that is! And your flowers are so gorgeous. Of course the inside , as usual, is so beautiful and filled with sweet surprises. Thank you for sharing this wonderful collection and your awesome talent! Hugs!
Gorgeous, I love the blue yellow!!!
WOW! Kathy! This is just gorgeous! Just luv these Authentique Poised papers, the colors, the pictures, the vintage look ….so beautiful! And oh my … how you’ve captured all the details to its limits with this awesome card …Inside and out! The flower and ribbon colors …just perfect! Thanks so much for all your inspiration! Hugs, Suzy Q
This yellow is so sunny and bright and definitely makes me happy!