Blooming Beautiful Fall Cards with Authentique Splendor and Really Reasonable Ribbon
Hello, Friends! Today I have a duo of Blooming Beautiful Fall Cards to share with you. I’ve paired up some of my favorite Authentique Papers with some beautiful fall ribbons from Really Reasonable Ribbon. Toss in a beautiful die cut doily and some handmade sunflowers and you’ve got a glorious sunny fall day on paper! Since each of these 5 1/2″ square cards is made the same way, they come together in a jiffy! I’ll be sharing the recipe with you so you can make your own. Use whatever papers and theme you like!
TIP: Ribbon doesn’t always have to be tied into a bow. For these cards, I created an elegant border with 5/8″ Cappuccino Satin with a Grosgrain Edge Ribbon. Attach the ribbon with 1/2″ Scor-Tape. Leave the ends slightly longer than the card panel. Then wrap the ends around to the back side of the card for a neat and tidy finish.
TIP: No room for a bulky bow? Fold a 4″ piece of ribbon in half. Cut fishtails on the ends. Then tuck beneath a floral arrangement to add a touch of color and texture. This Sunflower Satin Ribbon is a match made in heaven for these Splendor papers. Add a touch of rustic charm with loopy Burlap String Bows.
All the papers for this card come from the Splendor 6×6 Paper Bundle.
- First, create a 5 1/2″ square top fold card base from one sheet of 8 1/2″ x 11″ kraft cardstock.
- Next cut a 5 1/8″ square of the fall plaid pattern. Save the off cut of this panel.
- Cut a 5 1/4″ square of yellow cardstock and a 5 3/8″ square of brown cardstock.
- Then cut a 2 1/2″ x 5 1/8″ panel of the fall pumpkins.
- Now layer the cut papers on the cardstock mats as follows:
- First put down the fall plaid paper panel.
- Next layer in the offcut from the fall plaid paper about 3/4″ from the left hand edge.
- Then add the fall pumpkin layer.
- Now stitch the panels to the cardstock mats on your sewing machine.
TIP: Steer clear of a sticky situation by placing your adhesive in the center of each panel and away from the sides. This way, your sewing machine needle will not get gummed up and your thread will not break.
- Now you are ready to wrap the card panel with your Scor-Tape and Ribbon.
- Die cut two Doily Rounds from cream cardstock and adhere in the center of the card.
- Then punch out the oval sentiment from the Cardstock Elements sheet. Back with two layers of dimensionals and adhere in the center of the doily.
- Add flowers, rhinestones, ribbons and vintage buttons to finish the card design.
TIP: You can use handmade flowers, or pre-made flowers. Both are gorgeous. Find a tutorial for making these sunflowers HERE.
A Peek Inside
Now we will finish the inside of the card. It’s easy, peasy!
- First, cut (2) 5 3/8″ panels of designer paper and adhere to the top and bottom of the card.
- Next, create a pocket with the rectangular die cut sentiment from the Elements sheet. Just place your adhesive on the sides and bottom.
- Create a belly band with a 1 3/4″ x 5 3/8″ strip of the pumpkin pattern. Adhere just the top and bottom edges to the fall check.
- Mat a 3×4 journal card on a 3 1/4″ x 8 1/2″ panel of cardstock. Score in half and fold to make a little notecard to tuck inside the belly band.
Blooming Beautiful Fall Cards: The Twin
This “Twin” card is made in exactly the same way as the first card. Just change out your patterned papers and sentiment. Here’s a look at the details.
The only thing nicer than one cheery fall card is two! And you can save time by making these cards at the same time.
I hope I’ve shared some tips and tricks you can use in your next crafty adventure. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
You’ll find a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Authentique Splendor
- Really Reasonable Ribbon
- Amazing Paper Grace Circle Doily Die
- Heartfelt Creations Classic Sunflowers Stamps and Dies
- Leafy Accents Stamps and Dies
- Acorn Charms
- Rhinestones, Vintage Buttons, and Resin leaves from my stash
What’s not to love – Sunflowers are sublime and cheery. I always admired the stitching you do and bow making. Moreover it is such fun to find the little “packets of joy” you place in these makes.
Kathy, these cards are just stunning. What a lovely collection for Fall! That doily die you used is so beautiful and really makes a wonderful background for the flowers and sentiments. Love how you combine the different papers in this collection. Thank you for sharing! Hugs!
The colors of Fall are so pleasing…love the combination of sunflowers and twine on Fall projects. Your sunflowers are beautifully created…love the centers. Well done!
Another beautiful one Kathy. Love it. Unfortunately for me, I don’t have a stash of buttons. How can it get started and where should I get them? Any suggestions for basics to start out with?
Wow–I just love Fall and your cards are beautiful inside and out.
Perfect fall cards! Love those sunflowers, they really add that punch to the cards…
What a beauty! I love sunflowers and this just makes my heart smile 🙂 Beautiful layering – going to have to try the stitching some day – such a nice touch! Just gorgeous!
Kathy – these cards are so bright and gorgeous!! I love the colors, the paper and your sunflowers are awesome – thanks for sharing with us!!