Bunny Hop Window Shaker Card with Photoplay Hop To It!
Hello, Friends! Let’s take a trip down memory lane today as I share this adorable Bunny Hop Window Shaker Card. Do you remember the Bunny Hop ? I confess, I am old enough to remember doing this dance at birthday parties when I was a *very* little girl. The tune kept going through my mind as I was creating this card with Photoplay’s new Hop To It Spring papers. For those of you old enough to remember the craze, now it will be stuck in your head all day, too.
Photoplay Build a Window #9 Die
How did I create this 4 1/4″ x 9″ slimline card? Well, it wasn’t as hard as you might think. Thanks to the Photoplay Build a Window #9 Slimline dies, it actually came together pretty quickly. This set of dies allows you to lay out a card design in any configuration you choose. You simply layer your patterned paper over a cardstock layer, arrange the dies, then die cut. The dies did all the heavy lifting, and I just had to add the details. How fun is that?
- First, die cut the scalloped base using Photoplay#9 Stitched Scalloped Die.
- Then measure the patterned paper to fit over the base. You can use one solid piece, or cut different patterns and piece them in as I did here.
- Next, layer your patterned paper for the frame over a plain “not too heavy” cardstock. Arrange the window dies inside the frame and hold in place with a bit of tape.
- Now run the die through your machine to cut the card front.
- Then back the frame with clear acrylic cardstock add foam tape, and place your shaker mix on the scalloped card base.
- Place Hop to It stickers and ephemera to create a scene, and you’ve got a shaker window card!
A Peek Inside
The colors and patterns in this collection are what I call “happy paper.” I had fun dressing up the inside with pockets, tags, stickers, ephemera and a nice sentiment panel.
Create a couple of cute tags with stickers, ephemera and cardstock scraps. I’ve been teaching myself how to make tassels from embroidery floss, so I added one to that cute l’il tag just for fun!
I know it’s still winter, but it’s never too early to get pretty spring papers out and play. Working with this cute collection really brightened my mood on a cold and gloomy winter day. I hope it does the same for you, wherever you are.
You’ll find a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Photoplay Hop to It!
- 1/8″ foam strips
- Clear Cardstock (Acetate Sheets)
- Rainbow Unicorn Shaker Mix
- Little Birdie Wendy Flowers
- White Burlap String