Butterflies and Flowers Girly Grunge Card with Really Reasonable Ribbon and Spellbinders
Hello, Friends! We’re getting close to Mother’s Day, so I thought I would share this feminine Butterflies and Flowers Girly Grunge card with you today. Pink was my mom’s favorite color, so I tend to create a lot of pink projects this time of year.
Mom loved pink so much, that when she was living with us, she decided to paint her entire suite in shades of pink. From the ceiling to the trim, every surface was a shade of pink. Even the carpet was pink! She said it felt like living inside a sunrise. True confession? I like pink, too.
Tips and How-To’s
The background for this card is the newly released Beautiful Butterflies 3-D embossing folder. Here’s how I created this girly grunge background panel. I have a video tutorial that uses a similar technique with a different embossing folder. You can view that HERE.
- First, cut a 5″ x 7″ panel of Black/Rose from Simple Stories Cottage Fields Solids. Or use a soft pink sheet of cardstock.
- Spritz the paper lightly with water, then place pink side up in the embossing folder.
- Now rub the flat side (debossed) of the embossing folder with Antique Linen Distress ink. Close the folder and run through your die cutting machine.
- Remove the panel from the embossing folder and machine stitch onto a slightly larger panel of kraft cardstock. Dry brush and spatter the folder with Ivory Chalk Paint and heat dry once more.
- Next, place Bibi’s Hummingbirds Textures stencil over areas of the card and apply a light layer of Gathered Twigs Distress Ink. Follow this with Ranger Crackle Texture paste. The ink color will bleed through the texture paste for a great girly grunge effect.
- Set aside to dry.
Flowers and Finishing Touches
Next, die cut a Picot Petite Oval from Cottage Fields patterned paper. Ink lightly with Gathered Twigs and apply the stencil just as we did on the background.
Now die cut the Hello You Florals from Cottage Fields Patterned paper. Layer together and arrange on your card. You can brush the petals lightly with Nuvo Toasted Almond Mousse to add a little extra shine.
A poufy Pink Chevron Striped Twill bow topped with Brown Sugar Baker’s Twine and a vintage button is the perfect finishing touch for this pretty bouquet.
A Peek Inside
Mom deserves a treat on her special day, so I added a box pocket inside the card.
You can fill the pocket with Mom’s favorite tea, a honey stick, some chocolate, and a cookie packet to enjoy now. She can plant the wildflower seeds (or better yet…you plant them for her) and enjoy those later. The precious little vintage silver plate demitasse spoon is a gracious addition to her morning or afternoon tea ritual.
I hope I’ve shared some tips, how to’s and ideas that you can use in your next crafty adventure. I’ve added a linked supply list below this post so you can easily shop for the items I’ve used in this project.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Really Reasonable Ribbon
- Spellbinders Paper Arts
- Simple Stories Vintage Cottage Fields
- Mixed Media Supplies
- Buttons, bits and bobs from my stash