Simple Stories Vintage Botanicals Butterfly Garden Birthday Card
Hello, Friends! How about a walk through a butterfly garden with me today? This Simple Stories Vintage Botanicals Birthday Card is soft and sweet!
Butterfly Garden Birthday Card: Building Layers
Here’s the scoop on how this card came together:
- First, create a 5″ x 7″ top fold card base with a 1/2″ spine.
- Next, stitch a 4 3/4″ x 6 3/4″ panel of designer paper onto a darker shade of pink cardstock.
- Now, adhere a 3″ x 5″ strip of compatible designer paper on the left, inside the stitched margin.
- Then stitch a 4″ x 4″ square of green gingham print onto burlap. Trim and fringe the burlap ends.
- Now back this piece with dimensionals.
- Next, paint some Laserowe Love chipboard flowers with ivory paint. While the paint is still wet, emboss with Wow Ultra Glitter Embossing Powder.
- Then adhere the chipboard above and below the gingham square.
- Now, die cut the wreath from pink cardstock. Back with dimensionals and adhere in the center of the panel.
- Next, pop a butterfly up on dimensionals. Top with a gold foiled acetate butterfly. (This was in my stash from long ago…not sure where it came from…but it was perfect for this project, so I added it!
Butterfly Garden Birthday Card: Finishing Details
- Next, tie a bow with Shimmer Satin Ribbon. Top with a loopy gold metallic string bow and a little button.
- Finally, cluster up some Little Birdie Flowers in the corners. Attach a tiny paper clip in one corner, and a chipboard sentiment in another.
Butterfly Garden Birthday Card: A Peek Inside
Doesn’t the inside of this card look like a summer garden party?
I’ve added a little flap feature on the top of the card.
This opens to reveal a little pocket for a tea bag.
The pocket on the bottom holds a vintage silver plate spoon and a honey stick.
I’ve attached these to a little decorative insert and dressed them up for the party with a bit of ribbon.
Many of you have asked me where I find my spoons. I scour thrift shops, antique stores and estate sales looking for them. They are getting harder and harder to find, and the price keeps going up. But I love the beautiful craftsmanship and soft patina of these vintage beauties, so I buy them whenever and wherever I find them.
This is such a lovely little gift to have on hand. You can adapt the papers for each occasion, which is always nice.
To see other projects made with Simple Stories Vintage Botanicals, click HERE.
I hope I shared some tips, tricks and techniques you can add to your crafty toolbox. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Thanks for stopping by!
Butterfly Garden Birthday Card SUPPLY LIST
- Little Birdie Flowers: Martina Pearl Pink (check with Button Farm Club for availability)
- Shimmer Pink Satin Ribbon
- Gold Metallic String
- Wild Rose Swiss Dot Grosgrain Ribbon
Hi Kathy! This is so pretty! I love the spring like colors and that gingham is so inspiring! (Wish I had the day off to craft now!) The gold acetate butterfly at the center is such a creative touch! I think I have a few of these in my stash, so again, inspired to get them out. This folio is gorgeous inside and out! Hugs!
This card is so sweet. Love the collection. This card is absolutely like sitting in a summer butterfly garden for tea. Love it Kathy.
Trying to stay cool again. This week is full on sunshine. It just gets too hot for me. Stay hydrated.
What a delightful card, Kathy. Like the summery look about the card cover. It’s a great paper collection. tfs
Kathy – I love this card design and the pink and green combination is one of my favorites – just beautiful!!!
I’m always happy to see yur next creation. Love this one as well and I love to see the spoons used as well. Just lovely my friend!
Wow, Kathy, this card is absolutely gorgeous! I have always loved green and pink combinations. What a beautiful little butterfly garden you have created on the front and your butterfly is breathtaking! I can almost see it fluttering it’s wings! Simple Stories has such wonderful collections and I just love the name of that company. As always, the inside of your card offers such wonderful and pretty delights. Thank you for sharing! Hugs!
Just beautiful Kathy …inside and out!!! But you had me with the pink and greens! Sweet and cheery on the inside and …. shabby chic and kinda vintage on the outside! Luv all your details …hugs, Suzy Q