Throwback Thursday: Butterfly Kisses Shaker Easel Card Tutorial
Hello, Friends! What could be more romantic than a Butterfly Kisses Shaker Easel Card Tutorial? Welcome to Throwback Thursday! This week, we’re pulling Authentique Paper’s 2015 Adore collection out of the Closet of Shame. Although this is a Valentine collection, I think this card would work for just about any situation. Are you ready to get your craft on? Then let’s dig in!
Building the Base
I think you are going to like this easel card base, as it’s a little different from what I usually do. That’s because I found a scrap of pink cardstock in the storage envelope when I rescued this pretty collection from the COS. And since Throwback Thursday is all about using your stash, that’s exactly what I did! Here’s how to make the base for this card.
- First, score a 7″ x 12″ panel of pink cardstock at 2 1/2″, 5″ and 10″.
- Now fold along the scored lines to create a 7″ x 5″ top fold easel card with a 2″ pocket on the inside. (Watch the video to see this done.)
- Next, cut a 6 7/8″ x 4 7/8″ panel of designer paper to line the inside panel of the card. Then cut 1″ x 1 7/8″ gussets for the sides of the pocket. Fold the gussets in half and adhere to make the pocket. Again, watch the video to see how this is done.
- Line the pocket with a 7″ x 1 7/8″ panel of rose patterned paper.
- Line the easel folds, inside and out, with 7″ x 2 3/8″ panels of designer paper.
- Now create the focal image. Mat a 4 1/2″ x 6 1/2″ panel of designer paper on two shades of pink cardstock. Stitch around the perimeter, if desired. This adheres on the front of the easel.
- Then mat a 3″ x 4″ on 2 shades of pink cardstock and adhere alongside as seen in the video.
Creating the Shaker Frame
Die cut clear cardstock with a Spellbinder’s Large Standard Circle Die. Adhere this on the back of the Reneabouquets printed beautiful board frame. Add 3 layers of 1/8″ foam tape. Add your shaker mix to the 4 1/2″ x 6 1/2″ focal. Then adhere the frame.
TIP: Just for fun, add some Reneabouquets Tiny Treasures Butterflies to the shaker mix. They “flutter” around when the card is shaken, which is really fun.
Add a cascade of Little Birdie Candy Roses and more Reneabouquets butterflies to the sides of the frame.
Creating the Stopper
The pocket serves as the stopper, or brake, for this easel card mechanism. Dress it up with a heat embossed Beautiful Board Border. I used Wow Vintage Romance Embossing Powder here and on the Reneabouquets Filigree Heart.
Heat emboss the Reneabouquets “Love” Beautiful Board Sentiment with Antique Gold Embossing Enamel.
A Peek Inside
Here’s a look at the inside of the card.
Plenty of room to tuck in a little tea wallet, vintage demitasse spoon, chocolate and honey stick.
Butterfly Kisses Shaker Easel Card Tutorial on YouTube
I hope you enjoy this Throwback Thursday video tutorial.
I’ll share a linked supply list below.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
- Authentique Paper Adore Collection Kit (retired)
- Little Birdie Candy Rosalind Roses (out of stock)
- Wow Vintage Romance Embossing Glitter
- Stampendous Antique Gold Embossing Enamel
- Fancy Gal Shaker Mix