Carta Bella Halloween Market Shaker Card with Reneabouquets Beautiful Board
Hello, Friends! I don’t like spooky Halloween, but this Carta Bella Halloween Market Shaker Card is too cute to spook! When a long-time customer from my Etsy shop placed an order for a special Halloween card, I had to dig through my stash to see what papers I had in house. These cute papers and some sweet Reneabouquets Printed Beautiful Board seemed like a perfect match. And just like that, I was off on another crafty adventure.
What to Do When You Have No Focal Image
Almost all the focal images in this collection had been used in previous projects. (You can review them HERE. There are even some video tutorials that you might like to watch again!)
Since I depend on images to tell a story in my card designs, I had to do some thinking. Thankfully, I had some adorable Reneabouquets Printed Beautiful Board images in my stash along with a die cut clock. The printed Beautiful Board was small, but what if I used these adorable images to adorn a shaker element? This could work!
Creating the Shaker Element
Here’s how I made the shaker element:
- First, die cut the Tim Holtz Timekeeper Clock from heavy black cardstock.
- Next, ink the clock up with Versamark Embossing Ink. Be generous!
- Now cover the clock with Stampendous Aged Black Embossing Enamel. Let the excess powder roll off the die cut, but do not tap the paper!
- Then heat emboss from the underside of the die until the powder starts to melt. Hold the die cut with tweezers to protect your fingers.
- Once the embossing powder has started to melt, you can finish the job from the top side. This prevents the embossing crystals from rolling all over your work space.
- While you are heat embossing, go ahead and finish the spider web corners Beautiful Board with the same technique.
- Now die cut an acetate (clear cardstock) circle to fit the back side of the clock and adhere with Dries Clear Adhesive.
- Then add 3 rows of 1/8″ foam adhesive around the outer perimeter of the acetate circle.
- Next, place your shaker mix in the area where you plan to place the clock. Line the clock up over the shaker mix and press firmly in place to seal.
- Place foam tape on the Reneabouquets Scarecrow and attach to the side of the clock.
- Place 3 layers of foam tape to the little witch image and adhere at the base of the clock.
- Add your bow cluster, flowers and a dangle charm at the top.
A Peek Inside
Piece patterned papers together to finish the inside of the card. Of course, you need a pocket for treats!
Use scraps of patterned paper to dress up a tea bag and honey stick. Turn to your scraps again and make a cute little chocolate wallet/notecard to add to the pocket.
You can find a linked supply list below the post.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Carta Bella Halloween Market (papers sold out)
- Tim Holtz Timekeeper Bigz Die
- Clear Cardstock (Acetate Sheets)
- 1/8″ foam strips
- Buttons Galore Creepy Sparkletz
- Reneabouquets Beautiful Board
- Aged Black Embossing Enamel
- Clear Embossing Ink
- Really Reasonable Ribbon