Carta Bella Halloween Market Shaker Photo Wallet for the RRR Blog Hop
Hello, Friends! Today I have a Carta Bella Halloween Market Shaker Photo Wallet as my inspiration piece for the RRR Blog Hop. You should be coming here from Karen’s lovely blog. All the projects in today’s hop feature the Spooktacular September Ribbon Club Assortment.
This is one of my favorite Ribbon Clubs of the year. I had a frightfully fun time working these ribbons into a Halloween themed photo wallet.
The wallet base is a 7″ x 5″ top fold card with a 1/2″ spine. Here are some fun tips for using the Ribbon Club assortment in your photo wallet design.
- First, create a layered border on the left. Attach 5/8″ Black Satin Ribbon with a Grosgrain Edge with 1/2″ Scor-Tape. I like to do this before I adhere my card front to the base. That way I can wrap the ribbon around to the back . This creates a nice neat edge on the top and bottom. You also don’t have to worry about the raw ribbon ends fraying.
- Next, adhere the 3/8″ Halloween Words Confetti Dot Ribbon in the center of the Black Satin.
- Tie a double loop bow with 5/8″ Black Taffeta Ribbon. Adhere on the left hand side of the shaker frame.
- Now tie a double loop bow with the 3/8″ Tangerine Swiss Dot Grosgrain Ribbon. Adhere this on top of the black taffeta bow.
- Add tiny 1/2″ bows tied with silver metallic string on each side of the “Spooky” banner.
- Then top a cute tag with a spooky key and a silver metallic string bow.
- Finally, adhere 3/8″ black ric rac along the bottom of the photo wallet front to ground everything.
A Peek Inside
Create a 5 page flip folio on the top half of the card. Each page is 4 3/4″ square. A magnetic buckle closure holds everything in place.
Add flips and flaps inside the folio to create journaling spots or room for photo booth sized pics.
The final page is a pocket filled with cute Halloween tags.
You can add journaling or small photos on the back of the tags.
The pocket on the bottom half of the photo wallet holds a 4″ x 6″ mini folio. Dress up the front with images and stickers from the paper collection. Add texture and design with a border cut from 3/8″ Geometric Print Grosgrain Ribbon from the Club Assortment. Leave the inside blank for photos.
This is such a fun way to document this year’s Halloween costumes! And the nicest part is that you can set the photo wallet out as part of your Halloween decor.
On With the Hop
Now hop on over to see what paper pretties Cherry has in store for you this month. Don’t forget to finish the hop on the RRR Blog. Answer Bonnie’s question of the month and you might be the lucky winner of your very own Halloween Ribbon Club Assortment!
But you don’t have to win the hop to get these lovely ribbons! If you subscribe to the Ribbon Club, you’ll receive your very own Ribbon Club Assortment every month of the year! It’s like getting a birthday present every single month. You can find out how to subscribe HERE.
I hope I’ve shared some ribbon tips and tricks that you you can use in your next crafty adventure. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Enjoy the hop!
- Really Reasonable Ribbon
- Carta Bella Halloween Market
- Flowers, charms and key from my stash