Carta Bella Home Again Birthday Card
Hello, Friends! This sweet little birthday card is made with the Carta Bella Home Again Collection. I fell in love with the color palette, the lovely patterns and the farmhouse vibe, and then it kind of …ooops…fell into my cart! Our lovely daughter in law had a December birthday, and this is the card I made for her. She loves simple elegance and fresh design. How did I do? Let’s take a closer look, shall we?
Carta Bella Home Again Birthday Card: O Happy Day!
This is a long and skinny card, measuring 8 1/2″ x 3 3/4″. The idea here was to create a base that would allow me to fussy cut the herb tags from the collection and then string them across the front like a banner. Here’s how that worked:
- First, cut an 8 1/2″ x 7 1/2″ panel of cardstock for the base. Score at 3 3/4″ on the short side and fold to create a top fold card.
- Next, cut a 3 1/2″ x 8″ panel of the green check pattern.
- Top this with a 7 1/8″ x 2 3/4″ panel of the small navy floral print.
- Now cut a 6 3/4″ x 2″ panel of the green leaf pattern and center it on the card.
- Stitch the 3 panels together on the sewing machine.
- Then fussy cut 5 of the herbal tags from the collection. I stamped mine with small sentiment stamps that I found in my stash. Punch a hole at the top and thread some jute string through.
- Next, place dimensionals on the back and adhere to the card. I think this looks best if you don’t use a straight line.
- Locate the cake icon from the ephemera pack. Stamp with a greeting, pop up on dimensionals and center on the card.
- Add some posies and a pretty bow from the December Ribbon Club and you are done!
A Peek Inside
Create a lacy pocket with an Amazing Paper Grace die. Tuck in a chocolate and a little note card. This is a great spot for a gift card, too. Then stamp a sentiment panel and you are done!
Working with this collection is so relaxing. The colors are soft and soothing, and the farmhouse imagery has a wonderful nostalgic feel to it. In fact, I love it so much I decided to use it in my Button Farm Club Kit this month…but more about that in a few days! How’s that for a teaser? I will tell you, that it is one of my favorite projects I’ve done for BFC so far…and I think you will love it, too.
I know the blog has been quiet…but I’ve been working like crazy behind the scenes. There’s some fun stuff coming up, my friends! Can’t wait to share it all with you!
I hope I’ve shared some tips, tricks and ideas you can use in your own crafty adventures. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below. And, you’ll find a linked supply list below the post.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Carta Bella Home Again
- Carta Bella Spring Market Stamps
- Spellbinder’s Amazing Paper Grace Vintage Treasures Infinity Border
- Fiskars Make a Wish Sentiment Stamps
- Flowers, Ribbons and Tiny Buttons from my stash
Hi Kathy. This is a beautiful card. I love the paper you used I also think the buttons that you used made the whole card come together beautifully. Thank you for sharing.
Like the different sizing for this card, Kathy. I’ve done some simply ones this size but nothing as creatively designed as your card. Love the tags, sewn layers and beautiful embellishments. I’ll be on the lookout this paper pack. As always tfs. Hugs.
Nice new colour palette. Spring, could it be coming soon? Here we have had some daffodils and lilies blooming in a popular park by the ocean. We have some blossom trees thinking it’s a good time to flower. Magnolia trees with their buds ready to open. Now we are in for some harsh cold weather coming the weekend. Sad that these flowers are being tricked. 🙁
I’m sure your d.i.l. loved this card, I know I would have. 🙂 Love it Kathy.
Love love love the card. Just what I’ve been hoping you would showcase. Such good ideas. Thanks Kathy.
It’s just beautiful! My daughter in laws would love it too since they also love simple and clean. I was fortunate to receive this paper collection from a dear friend for Christmas. (I discreetly dropped a hint : ). ) I have a question about your sewing on the card. I’ve seen mini machines that people use on only for paper crafts , is that what you use or a standard sewing machine? I’ve read that paper fiber can destroy a standard machine. I’m not sure what to believe. Thanks for your help.
So pretty. I bet she loved it. Can wait to see whats coming up next!
Very pretty–I like the farmhouse vibe.
Awwww!!! This is cute and sweet as can be! Luv that farmhouse fresh look …and the skinny long look! So cute with your tag layout! I luv this! Hugs, Suzy Q
Kathy, what a fantastic idea and beautiful design you have done on this card! I’ve been waiting for you to make something with that collection. Those papers are so pretty and I think they also do well with Winter cards. The candy pocket inside is just lovely. I’m sure your Daughter in law was thrilled with it. Thank you for sharing! Hugs!