Carta Bella Home Again Birthday Card
Hello, Friends! This sweet little birthday card is made with the Carta Bella Home Again Collection. I fell in love with the color palette, the lovely patterns and the farmhouse vibe, and then it kind of …ooops…fell into my cart! Our lovely daughter in law had a December birthday, and this is the card I made for her. She loves simple elegance and fresh design. How did I do? Let’s take a closer look, shall we?
Carta Bella Home Again Birthday Card: O Happy Day!
This is a long and skinny card, measuring 8 1/2″ x 3 3/4″. The idea here was to create a base that would allow me to fussy cut the herb tags from the collection and then string them across the front like a banner. Here’s how that worked:
- First, cut an 8 1/2″ x 7 1/2″ panel of cardstock for the base. Score at 3 3/4″ on the short side and fold to create a top fold card.
- Next, cut a 3 1/2″ x 8″ panel of the green check pattern.
- Top this with a 7 1/8″ x 2 3/4″ panel of the small navy floral print.
- Now cut a 6 3/4″ x 2″ panel of the green leaf pattern and center it on the card.
- Stitch the 3 panels together on the sewing machine.
- Then fussy cut 5 of the herbal tags from the collection. I stamped mine with small sentiment stamps that I found in my stash. Punch a hole at the top and thread some jute string through.
- Next, place dimensionals on the back and adhere to the card. I think this looks best if you don’t use a straight line.
- Locate the cake icon from the ephemera pack. Stamp with a greeting, pop up on dimensionals and center on the card.
- Add some posies and a pretty bow from the December Ribbon Club and you are done!
A Peek Inside
Create a lacy pocket with an Amazing Paper Grace die. Tuck in a chocolate and a little note card. This is a great spot for a gift card, too. Then stamp a sentiment panel and you are done!
Working with this collection is so relaxing. The colors are soft and soothing, and the farmhouse imagery has a wonderful nostalgic feel to it. In fact, I love it so much I decided to use it in my Button Farm Club Kit this month…but more about that in a few days! How’s that for a teaser? I will tell you, that it is one of my favorite projects I’ve done for BFC so far…and I think you will love it, too.
I know the blog has been quiet…but I’ve been working like crazy behind the scenes. There’s some fun stuff coming up, my friends! Can’t wait to share it all with you!
I hope I’ve shared some tips, tricks and ideas you can use in your own crafty adventures. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below. And, you’ll find a linked supply list below the post.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Carta Bella Home Again
- Carta Bella Spring Market Stamps
- Spellbinder’s Amazing Paper Grace Vintage Treasures Infinity Border
- Fiskars Make a Wish Sentiment Stamps
- Flowers, Ribbons and Tiny Buttons from my stash