Carta Bella Welcome Fall Shaped Tag Tea Party with Reneabouquets & Heartfelt Creations Tag
Hello, Friends! Would you like to learn how to make this adorable Carta Bella Welcome Fall Shaped Tag Tea Party in a Box? Well, you’re in luck because that is our Throwback Thursday Tutorial this week. I woke up wondering what to make with y’all and decided it would be fun to make a tag. And then I thought, oooh…a tag book. Next thing I knew I had my Heartfelt Creations Tag Album Dies, Reneabouquets goodies, mixed media supplies and pretty papers all over my desk. That’s how the process works, my friends. I just go where the inspiration takes me!
Mixed Media Layered Pumpkin
My favorite element on this tag is this mixed media layered pumpkin. I started with a plain white Reneabouquets Beautiful Board pumpkin. Here’s how that came together:
- First, I layer scraps of designer papers over the solid pumpkin background.
- Then I trim the overhang and ink the edges with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.
- Next, dab embossing ink randomly over the paper and sprinkle with Seth Apter Ancient Amber Baked Texture. Heat emboss.
- Now apply Rusty Hinge and Peeled Paint Distress Oxide Inks directly to the open pumpkin overlay.
- Sprinkle with Seth Apter Beeswax Baked Texture and heat emboss.
- Follow the same procedure with the fancy leaves tuck ins, only color with Gathered Twigs and heat emboss with Taos Sunset Baked Enamel.
- Make a “nest” with Spanish moss and straw, adhere feathers, twine bow and button to the stem and sprinkle liberally with green peppercorns and mustard seeds.
- Vintage buttons make a great accent on the domed edges.
Magnetic Flap Opening
The cool thing about this Shaped Tag Die is the fact that it can be used as a shaped magnetic closure. I’ll show you how to do that in the tutorial. I could not resist adding a little fall dangle charm to the spine. Cute, right?
Here’s what the mixed media cover looks like when you open that magnetic flap.
And here’s a peek at the inside spread. This clever die makes a great box pocket, too!
I was pleasantly surprised that I could fit all these goodies into the pocket.
There’s even a little 3 1/4″ x 4 1/4″ note card/tea wallet! This was a very fun crafty adventure, my friends!
Carta Bella Welcome Fall Shaped Tag Tea Party in a Box Video Tutorial
Would you like to see this sweet little project come together? Then please enjoy this video tutorial.
Fall makes me so happy!
You can find a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks for stopping by, friends!
- Carta Bella Welcome Fall
- Heartfelt Creations Album Tags and Accents Die
- Really Reasonable Ribbon
- Bits and bobs from my stash
- Seth Apter Baked Textures: Ancient Amber/Vintage Beeswax/Taos Sunset