Authentique Confection Sweet Treats Tutorial
Hello, Friends! Have you seen the darling new Authentique Confection Collection? Oh my goodness! Is it ever cute! Today I’m sharing a TRIO of Authentique Confection Creations with you as well as a shaker box tutorial. Lots of photos and info ahead, so grab a snack and a cuppa and let’s get started!
Authentique Confection Double Waterfall Mini Album with Shaker Box Cover
How sweet is this little 6 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ double waterfall mini album? I’ve used an Amazing Paper Grace Vintage Treasures Die (Brillante Rondelle) for the shaker box, then surround it with hot pink buttons that look like candies, Little Birdie Vivid Palette Posies, novelty buttons and pink gingham ribbon. This would be such a cute way to document a birthday party, wouldn’t it?
The spine is wrapped with satin ribbon. I’ve hot glued a couple more buttons to the tails, just for fun.
Double Waterfall Mini Album with Shaker Box Cover: A Peek Inside
Inside, you will find mirror image waterfalls, each measuring 4 1/2″ square. Confetti style grosgrain ribbon serves as a closure.
TIP: Use scraps of Spectrum Tickled Pink Cardstock to create little 3 1/4″ x 4 1/4 folios. Top these with images from the collection.
Line the inside with 3″ x 4″ panels of designer paper.
The waterfall will hold sixteen 4″ x 4″ photos.
TIP: Score a 1/2″ flap on the side of a cut apart image. Adhere behind the designer paper liner to add a fun interactive element to your album.
Double Waterfall Mini Album with Shaker Box Cover: How to Make the Waterfalls
There is no binding system for this album, which makes it very quick and easy to assemble. Here’s how:
- First, cut (10) 4 3/4″ x 4 1/2″ panels of Authentique Spectrum Tickled Pink Cardstock.
- Next, score a 1/2″ flap on the left hand side of each panel.
- Fold and burnish along the scored line.
- Now, center and adhere the first flap on the far left hand side of the album base.
- Then, flip the page open. Line the folded edge of the next panel up with the bottom edge of the first. Repeat this until you have added 5 panels to each side. Keep everything straight and centered!
The 5th flap (the one on the bottom) will be a little too long. No worries! Simple fold the edge back 1 1/2″ . Now you have a fun double pocket feature on each side of the album! Line the base page with designer paper. Then adhere just the sides of that 1 1/2″ flap to the album base to form a pocket on the top. Then adhere just the top and bottom edge of the waterfall panel to the album base to form a little tag pocket.
Tuck 3″ x 4″ photo mounts and decorated tags into this double pocket feature.
Authentique Confection Project #2: Gift Card Wallet
The next project is an adorable gift card wallet. This measures 8 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ with a 1/2″ spine. You can make this with one sheet of Hot Fudge Cardstock:
- First, place the long side of one sheet of Hot Fudge Cardstock against the rail of your scoring tool.
- Make the first score line at 4 1/2″.
- Score again at 5″. This forms the 1/2″ spine.
- Now score a final time at 9 1/2″.
- The 1 1/2″ flap becomes the pocket.
Mat the donut image on a scrap of Tickled Pink Cardstock. Adhere just 3 sides to form a little tag pocket.
Create a couple of cute folios to tuck into the larger pocket.
Use scraps of designer paper to create an inner pocket to hold gift cards, or small sweet treats.
Authentique Confection Project #3: Loaded Envelope with Shaker Frame
Loaded envelopes are so much fun to create! Adding a shaker frame really makes it feel like a party is about to happen. For this project, I combined both Authentique Party and Authentique Confection with the Eileen Hull Mailable Frame Die. Since I share this in the tutorial video below, I won’t go into a lot of detail here. But i will share the photos.
I had loads of fun creating little goodies to tuck inside this envelope!
This G45 Large Ivory Tag is covered on both sides. The magnetic folio on the reverse side is a great place to write a little note.
These mixed media tags are made with G45 Square Ivory Laser Cut Tags (retired) and Distress Oxide Inks in Picked Raspberry, Spun Sugar, Mustard Seed, Mermaid Lagoon and Cracked Pistachio. Each tag is covered on the back side as well.
Here’s the Eileen Hull Mailable Frame Die again…this time serving as an envelope with a window opening.
And it wouldn’t be a Kathy by Design creation without a little tea, honey stick and vintage silver plate spoon, would it? I’ve also covered individually wrapped Biscoff Cookies with designer paper.
Authentique Confection Sweet Treat Project Share and Video Tutorial
I hope I’ve shared some tips, tricks and ideas that you can use in your own crafty adventures today. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Authentique Paper
- Eileen Hull Mailable Frame Die by Sizzix
- Amazing Paper Grace Vintage Treasures Brillante Rondelle Dies
- Buttons Galore & More
- Pink Button Jar
- Lilac Lane Rainbow Unicorn Shaker Mix
- Cherry Novelty Buttons
- Sweet Delight Buttons
- After Dinner Treats
- Chocolate Covered Favorites
- Little Birdie Flowers
- Vivid Palette
- Mixed Media
- Distress Oxide Inks
- Picked Raspberry, Spun Sugar, Mustard Seed, Cracked Pistachio, Mermaid Lagoon
- G45 Ivory Tags: ATC Tags, Large Tag, Square Laser Cut Tags (laser cut tags are retired)
- Coral Sea Prills
- Prima Crystal Gems
- Distress Clear Rock Candy Dry Glitter
- From my stash
- vintage silver plate spoon
- tea bag & honey stick
- Trader Joe’s Birthday Cake Candy Bar
- Biscoff Cookies
- Distress Oxide Inks