Dragonfly Season Gatefold Card Folio with Really Reasonable Ribbon and Reneabouquets
Hello, Friends! Summertime is Dragonfly Season. These dazzling beauties hover in the sweet summer breeze and fill our hearts with delight. I tried to capture the feeling of a perfect summer day in this Dragonfly Season Gatefold Card made with Really Reasonable Ribbon’s July Ribbon Assortment and some paper pretties from Reneabouquets. Let’s share a cuppa and take a closer look at the details and elements in this summery creation.
Here’s how I created this gatefold card base.
- First, cut a 12×12 sheet of white cardstock to measure 11 3/4″ x 7 1/4.
- Now place the long side on your scoring tool and score left to right at 2 3/4″, 3″, 8 1/2″ and 9″.
- Then fold along the scored lines to form a 5 1/4″ x 7 1/4″ gatefold card. You will have 1/4″ spines on the left and right hand sides of the card base.
- Line the card with Ciao Bella Microcosmos papers. You will need (2) 2 3/4″ x 7 1/4″ panels for the front, (2) 2 5/8″ x 7 1/4″ panels for the inside, and (1) 5″ x 7″ panel for the center. The 4 spines are 3/8″ x 7 1/4″.
The Shaker Element
True confession: I love the way this shaker frame turned out. It makes me think of a dragonfly hovering over a bird bath or fountain. It takes a minute or two to put together, but the effort is definitely worth it!
- First, heat emboss a Reneabouquets Simply Beautiful Frame with Versamark Ink and Stampendous Aged Silver Embossing Powder.
- Next, dry brush a little chalk paint over the frame to soften it.
- Once the paint is dry, die cut an oval from clear cardstock, (acetate) and adhere to the back of the frame with Dries Clear Adhesive. Use a damp paper towel to clean up any excess adhesive.
- Now back the frame with 3 layers of 1/8″ foam strips.
- Locate the oval dragonfly image from the paper collection.
- Then place your shaker mix and some glitter glass in the center of the image.
- Now center the prepared frame over the image and gently press into place.
- Embellish with a Reneabouquets Dragonfly.
- Then heat emboss a resin crown with Diamond Dust Embossing Powder and adhere it on the top of the frame.
This card was a little “blah” until I added the Turquoise Taffeta bows and flowers . Then everything popped! The Silver Metallic String Bows echo the silver in the shaker frame, adding just the right touch of sparkle. I also heat embossed Reneabouquets Tiny Butterfly Flourishes with Diamond Dust Embossing Powder and added them to the corners. Can you say yummy?
A Peek Inside
Gatefold cards are so dramatic to open! You can see how I added a Large Sugar Bee Corner from Reneabouquets to the right hand flap.
Add a sentiment panel on the right and create a box pocket in the center of the card.
Turquoise Taffeta Ribbon adorns both the book mark and the mini folio that are tucked into the pocket.
Did you think I forgot to add tea? You know me better than that! Here is the tea wallet and vintage silver plate demitasse spoon. Now we’ve got a gift on our hands!
Of course there is room to add a gift card in with the tea bag if you should decide to do so. But I think this gift is complete as it is.
You’ll find a linked supply list below this post. And if you would like to purchase this card, you can find it in my Etsy Shop.
I hope I’ve inspired you to break out your ribbons and embellishments today and make something beautiful.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Really Reasonable Ribbon
- Ciao Bella Microcosmos Collection
- Melissa Frances Resin Crown (retired)
- Clear Cardstock (Acetate)
- Embossing Powders
- Stampendous Aged Silver
- WOW Diamond White Embossing Powder (out of stock)
- 1/8″ foam strips
- Little Birdie Flowers
- Bronze Decorative Key