Graphic 45 August Flower Market Folio Tutorial with Authentique Dame
Hello, Friends! It’s Make & Take Tuesday, and I have a summery Graphic 45 August Flower Market Folio Tutorial to share with you. Flower gardens are flourishing here in North Carolina. They usually wane a bit in the heat of summer, but we’ve had loads of rain this year, and they are blooming their heads off! Our “guest star” this month is an oldie but a goodie: Authentique Dame is the perfect playmate for the August papers, and I’m excited to show you how well they got along together.
If you are new to this monthly folio series, you can find the previous tutorials HERE.
A Peek Inside
Can you believe how beautifully the Authentique Dame papers work with the August Flower Market designs and colors? If you don’t have this collection in your stash, do what I did: dig through your paper collections until you find a good partner. Here are some tips to help you with that process:
- First, look for papers that use a similar or complementary color palette. When I was doing my search, I was looking for shades of pink and yellow because those are the main colors in the August papers.
- Next, pay attention to the hues. For instance, choose medium shades of pink and deep shades of yellow or gold to go with the August papers.
- Then, look for some good geometric patterns to provide a contrast from all the strong florals in the Flower Market collection. Plaids, stripes, dots, or newsprint should work well.
- Finally, lay the papers side by side with the G45 patterns. If it looks good to you, it’s probably a good choice! Go for it!
Fun with Flips, Flaps and Pockets
The interior of this 8 1/2″ square folio is loaded with interactive features. There’s ample room for photos, journaling, and storage, too. If you’re looking for a unique birthday gift, how fun would it be to present a birthday month folio filled with old photos, memories and memorabilia from the birthday girl’s life?
Some of you are using this project as a way to document the events of your year. Others are using the folios as planners. Have you thought of a unique way to put this design to work? I’d love to hear about it in the comment section below.
Graphic 45 August Flower Market Folio Tutorial on YouTube
If you’re ready to dive into this month’s folio tutorial, please enjoy this video on my YouTube channel. You might want to grab a cuppa and a snack, because the tutorial is not a quickie! There’s a lot of ground to cover in making a project of this size.
You’ll find a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks so much for stopping by, friends! I’ll have our August Banner of the Month Tutorial ready for you on Thursday.
- Graphic 45 Flower Market
- Authentique Dame
- Please note…this collection is retired so some of the components may no longer be available. I’ve linked to a reputable online store that has a little bit left in their inventory.