Carta Bella Home Again Boxed Mini Album Project Share
Hello, Friends! Let’s share a cuppa and take a look at this sweet Carta Bella Home Again Boxed Mini Album Project together. This lovely collection has captured my imagination. The ideas keep flowing, the papers seem to be magically multiplying, and I just keep on making. Are you tired of this collection yet? I find the colors so soothing and the patterns so lovely that I think I could keep right on working with it until every last scrap has been used up. This boxed mini album doubles as a home decor piece, which is always nice. Let’s take a closer look, shall we?
Home Again Boxed Mini Album: The Box
Have you ever covered a Graphic 45 Book Box? It’s such an easy way to make a home decor piece. This is the old style ivory book box, measuring 7″ x 5″. Layer up some chipboard, ephemera pieces, and patterned paper. Then accent with flowers, ribbons and metal embellishments.
TIP: Chalk paint is a great finish for metal embellishments. This Prima Door Plate was originally brass, as was the key. The thing I love about chalk paint is that you don’t have to prime the base, the paint goes on smoothly, and dries to a lovely matte finish.
Finish the inside of the box with papers from the 12×12 collection. Then add feet. These Tim Holtz Idea–Ology box feet were the perfect finishing touch. I didn’t even have to paint them.
TIP: If you add feet to your box, you must first adhere the spine of the book box cover to the back side of the box cavity. Use 1/2″ Scor-Tape or other strong adhesive for this step.
Home Again Boxed Mini Album: The Album
I built this little album from scratch. The shaker cover took some figuring out.
- First, die cut the round frame from the small navy dot print.
- Next, die cut a clear cardstock (acetate) circle using my Spellbinder’s Small Standard Circle Die.
- Now adhere the clear cardstock circle to the back of the frame die.
- Because the sides of the frame are very thin, even 1/8″ foam strips will show around the edges. And we don’t like that. The solution?
- Die cut 2 leafy wreaths. Place small pieces of foam strips on the larger leaves and sandwich them together so that the edges are slightly staggered. You will be able to see small bits of the foam, but once you add the flowers and embellishments, they will be hidden.
Here’s a look at the cover details.
Home Again Boxed Mini Album: A Peek Inside
There are 6 pages in the album. Each page has a side pocket with photo mount insert.
Fussy cut the flower cart from the 6×6 pad. Adhere just the bottom edges to create a little tag pocket.
Magnetic flap pages give you a good spot for photos or hidden journaling.
Both the front and back covers have pocket spots.
Home Again Boxed Mini Album Video Tour
You can see all the pages, details and tips for making this project in this short video tour.
I hope I’ve shared some tips, tricks and ideas that you can use in your own crafty adventures. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
To see more Home Again Projects, click HERE.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Carta Bella Home Again
- Spellbinders Small Standard Circle Nestabilities
- Amazing Paper Grace Tiara Rondelle Die
- Spellbinders Autumn Wreath (retired…but you can substitute THIS die)
- Clear Cardstock/Acetate Sheet
- Coconut Palms Sparkletz
- Black Micro Gingham Ribbon
- Little Birdie Amor Mio Flowers and Renea Classic Moonlight Flowers
- Prima Avignon Door Plate
- Tim Holtz Ideaology Box Feet
- Metal Embellishments from my stash
- Black Chalk Paint
- 1/8″ Foam Strips
- Graphic 45 Ivory Book Box (retired)