Heartfelt Creations May 2021 Alumni Blog Hop: Sweet Magnolia Shaker Card
Hello, Friends! Welcome to the Heartfelt Creations May 2021 Alumni Blog Hop! The hop starts here and continues through Monday, May 31 at 11:55 PM EDT. Get ready for loads of crafty inspiration, tips, tricks and ideas as you hop along with the Heartfelt Creations Alumni Team.
One comment from a mystery blog will be chosen to win a $25 Heartfelt Creations Gift Card! So be sure to visit all the blogs in the hop. Get inspired, leave some crafty love behind, and maybe you will be the lucky winner.
The winner will be announced on the Heartfelt Creations Blog and Facebook page on Wednesday, June 2nd. If you are the winner, please claim your prize by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Winner of the May 2021 Alumni Blog Hop” in the subject line of your e-mail. You will have 72 hours from the time the winner is announced to claim your prize.
Now let’s talk about how I made this Sweet Magnolia Shaker Card as my inspiration piece for the hop.
Sweet Magnolia Shaker Card: The Basics
- First, cut (2) 5″ x 8 1/2″ panels from cream cardstock. Overlap the 5″ ends about 1/4″ and adhere with Dries Clear Adhesive.
- Now place this long panel on your scoring tool and score at 7″ and 7 3/4″. Fold along the 3/4″ score line and score again at 7″ and 7 3/4″. This flap will become a box pocket on the inside of the card.
- Next, cut a 4 7/8″ x 6 7/8 panel of designer paper from the Sweet Magnolia paper pad. This will be the card front. But don’t glue it down until after the card is completed.
The Shaker Element
Now we will create the shaker element.
- First, die cut the Heartfelt Creations Decorative Circle Frame from cream cardstock. Use the largest circle insert to create the opening.
- Now, use the largest Circle Basics Large Die to cut a piece of clear cardstock. Adhere this to the back of the Decorative Circle Frame with Dries Clear Adhesive.
- Next, place 3 rows of 1/8″ foam strips around the opening.
- Then place your shaker mix on the panel of designer paper that was cut in the previous step. Carefully align the shaker frame over the shaker mix and gently press in place.
Making the Sweet Magnolia Blossoms
Now we get to do the fun part! Make some Sweet Magnolia Blooms to adorn your shaker element.
- First, stamp 4 sets of Magnolia Blooms and Leaves on Flower Specialty Paper. I used Memento London Fog Ink for the flowers and Library Green Archival ink for the leaves.
- Now sponge on a little Shell Pink Adirondack Ink in the center and along the edges of each Magnolia Blossom Layer. If you don’t have Shell Pink, substitute the palest shade of pink ink from your stash.
- Sponge the leaves with Olive Archival Ink.
- Then die cut the flower layers and leaves using the Sweet Magnolia Dies.
- Place the flower layers and leaves in the 3-D embossing tray and run through your die cutting machine following your machine’s sandwich guidelines.
- Pierce the center of each blossom with the piercing tool and thread with large stamens.
- Stack the layers and secure with adhesive.
TIP: Add a touch of shine with Nuvo Toasted Almond Mousse. Place a small amount on your non-stick surface, spritz with water and paint on with a brush.
A Peek Inside
Here’s a look at the inside of the card. Notice how I used the frame from the Decorative circle on the top. This creates a nice space to write a personal message.
The box pocket on the bottom of the card is a tea party for one. Tea, cookies, chocolate, honey, a little note card and a lovely vintage demitasse spoon turn this card into a gift. If you don’t know how to create a box pocket, you can find a tutorial HERE.
On With the Hop!
Now hop on over and see what paper pretties Carole has in store for you. You’ll find the complete blog hop list below:
Kathy – YOU ARE HERE
You’ll find a linked supply list below this post.
To leave a comment: Click on the blue REPLIES link just below the title at the top of this page.
I hope I’ve shared some tips, tricks and ideas you can use in your next crafty adventure! Thanks so much for hopping by!
- Heartfelt Creations
- Sweet Magnolia Collection
- 12×12 Paper Pad
- Sweet Magnolia Blooms Cling Stamps
- Matching Sweet Magnolia Blooms Dies
- Shaping Mold
- Circle Basics Large Dies
- Decorative Circle Frames
- Specialty Flower Making Paper
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Tools
- Sponge Daubers
- Clear Cardstock
- Dries Clear Adhesive
- 1/8 Foam Strips
- Nuvo Toasted Almond Mousse
- Large Rose Hip Stamens
- Rajni Chawla Crystal Clear Glitter
- Sweet Magnolia Collection
- Really Reasonable Ribbon
- Shaker Mix