This hop is now closed. The randomly chosen winner is Cindy P from Vicki’s blog. Thanks for hopping!
Cheerful Teacup Pansies Friendship Card for the Heartfelt Creations Alumni Blog Hop
Hello, Friends! Let’s kick off the Heartfelt Creations Alumni Blog Hop with this Cheerful Teacup Pansies Friendship card, shall we? This card was a quick and easy make because I pulled all the elements from my pile of Heartfelt Creations “extras.” You know how you sometimes prep a piece for a project, then you don’t use it? I save all those bits and pieces in clear plastic containers, then I pull them out when I’m on a short timeline.
TIP: Always make extra flowers! When I am making flowers for a card, I always make at least 3 sets, and sometimes 4. Save the extra flowers for a future project. You will be so glad you did! Do the same thing with your layering dies. It only takes a second or two more to and extra…or two! Then you have them ready to go, which makes for a quick and easy card making session down the road a piece.
Cheerful Teacup Pansies Friendship Card: Putting it Together
- Begin by building a 5 1/2″ square card base from deep purple cardstock.
- Cut, center and adhere a 5 3/8″ panel of the purple mosaic pattern from the Burst of Spring Paper Collection.
- Next, cut a 5 3/8″ wide section of the stacked border images. Center and adhere over the mosaic pattern.
- Now cut a card front to measure 4″ x 5″. This will sit behind the Diamonds and Lace die cut.
- Next, die cut the Diamonds and Lace panel from white cardstock. Cut out the center diamond with another die from the collection. Then, trim the bottom edge off so that it will fit the card base nicely. Place 1/8″ foam strips on the back side.
- Then trim a card front to measure 4″ x 5″. Adhere the card front behind the Diamonds and Lace panel. Adhere to the card front.
- Next, die cut the Lacy Diamond. Use the matching die to cut out the center of the cut. Place foam strips on the back and adhere to the Diamonds and Lace panel.
- Fussy cut the teacup pansies. Add dimensionals and adhere in the corner.
- Now use the Cheery Pansy Die to cut the pansy petals and leaves from the paper collection. Shape the flowers and leaves with the Pansy Mold.
- To add shine, sponge the petals lightly with Viva Decor 3-D Stamp Paint and sprinkle lightly with glitter.
- Fill the pansy centers with Citrus Crush Flower Soft.
- Add yellow gingham bows, buttons and a die cut charm.
Cheerful Teacup Pansies Friendship Card: A Peek Inside
Cover the inside of the card with the same mosaic paper on the top, and a panel of complementary paper on the bottom. Adhere 3 sides of the stacked border to form a pocket.
Fill the pocket with a sentiment panel, tea bag, and sweet tags to finish the card.
On With the Hop!
This hop will remain open until 11:55 PM EDT on Monday, March 30th. Be sure to visit and comment on all the blogs in the hop because one lucky comment will be randomly selected to receive a $25 Heartfelt Creations Gift Card from a mystery blog. The winner will be announced at the top of this blog post on Tuesday, March 31st. Heartfelt Creations will also announce the winner on their blog and Facebook page on Wednesday, April 1st. The winner will have 72 hours to contact email@example.com to claim his/her prize. Please write “Winner of the March Alumni Hop” in the subject line.
Here’s the hop lineup this month:
You’ll find a linked supply list below this post.
I hope I’ve shared some tips, tricks and ideas that you can use in your own crafty adventures. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Thanks for hopping!
- Burst of Spring Paper Collection
- Cheerful Pansy Die
- Pansy Shaping Mold
- Diamonds & Lace Die
- Lacy Diamond Die
- Ticket and tags Die
- Ornamental Tags Die
Other: Viva Decor 3-D Stamp Paint/Violet