This hop is now closed. The winner is Beverly Jordan from Amarilys Doria’s blog. Thanks for hopping!
Heartfelt Creations July 2020 Alumni Hop: Sweet Peony Z-Fold Card
Hello, Friends! Welcome to the Heartfelt Creations July 2020 Alumni Hop! Get ready to be inspired as the Heartfelt Creations Alumni Team has loads of crafty goodness in store for you this month. You also have a chance to win some Heartfelt Creations goodies! Just leave a lovely comment on each blog in the hop. One lucky comment from a mystery blog will be randomly chosen to win a $25 gift card to Heartfelt Creations.
The hop will remain open until 11:55PM EDT on Monday, August 3rd. The winner will be announced at the top of this blog and on the Heartfelt Creations blog and Facebook page on Wednesday, August 5th. If you are the lucky winner, claim your prize by contacting [email protected] within 72 hours of the announcement. But really, everyone wins, because everyone has a chance to be inspired by the beautiful projects in the hop.
Sweet Peony Z-Fold Card: Creating the Card Base
The Sweet Peony Collection is one of my all time favorites! I could not resist pulling it out for a little crafty play time. This 6″ x 6″ Z-Fold card looks so fancy, but is so easy to make! Pair the papers up with the new Ornate Ovals Dies for a sweet, summery card.
- First, score a 12″ x 6″ panel of white cardstock at 3″ and 6″ .
- Next, fold the card in half to make a side fold card base.
- Then fold the 3″ score line back toward the card spine to create a Z-Fold card base.
- Now cut a 4 1/4″ x 5 1/4″ panel of white cardstock to serve as the gatefold cover.
- Line all the card panels with Sweet Peony papers. Cover both the front and the back of the gatefold cover.
- Next, place adhesive on only the top, bottom and left hand side of the gatefold cover. Center and adhere to the Z-Fold.
Sweet Peony Details
- Next, die cut the Ornate Ovals from white cardstock.
- Cut an oval of designer paper using the Eyelet Oval Die. Adhere the largest Ornate Oval to this panel.
- Die cut the center of a card front and adhere to the other Ornate Oval Die cut. Back with dimensionals and center over the base oval.
- Adhere to the card front.
- Now stamp, heat emboss and die cut the peony layers.
- Color the flower layers with Worn Lipstick and Spun Sugar Distress Ink.
- Shape in the 3-D Flower Mold.
- Use sponge daubers to tint the flower edges with Mustard Seed and Worn Lipstick Distress Ink.
- Layer together. Add Rose Hip Stamens and glass beads to the flower centers and arrange on the card.
- Tie a bow with Coral Rose Houndstooth Ribbon and adhere.
A Peek Inside
Because of the way you attached the gatefold front, you’ll have a little pocket inside the card base. This is the perfect spot to tuck in a tea bag or gift card. I’ve left lots of room to write a sweet note.
On With the Hop!
Now hop on over and see what paper pretties Amarilys has prepared for you! You will find a complete hop list below:
I hope I’ve shared some tips, tricks and ideas that you can use in your own crafty adventures. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
To see my past Alumni Hop Tutorials, please click HERE. You’ll find a linked supply list below this post.
Enjoy the hop!
- Heartfelt Creations
- Distress Ink: Worn Lipstick, Spun Sugar, Mustard Seed, Peeled Paint
- Archival Ink: Cactus Blossom, Olive
- Clear Embossing Powder
- Pink Glimmer Mist
- Coral Rose Houndstooth Ribbon
- Iridescent Metallic String
- Dries Clear Adhesive
- Glass Beads
- Flat Back Pearls