Little Birdie Boho Dreams Secret Summer Garden Card
Hello, Friends! Will you join me for a stroll through my Little Birdie Boho Dreams Summer Garden? This double gatefold style card is bursting with the saturated colors of summertime! The chipboard gate on this 6″ x 6″ double gatefold card looks like the entry to a secret garden filled with vibrant blooms, sweet berries and flirty butterflies.
Rub the primed chipboard gate with Little Birdie’s Silver Glitz Metallic Wax to give it an aged appearance. Then fussy cut elements from the Boho Dreams 12×12 and 6×6 paper packs to create a dimensional floral wreath in the center of the gate. A cool breeze carries the scent of the fragrant blooms and refreshes the spirit. I would love to sit in this glorious garden forever!
A Peek Inside
So many beautiful colors and patterns wait for you inside this secret garden!
There’s even a secret pocket hidden inside the fold on the right hand side of the card.
This is a great place to tuck in a little bookmark or tag.
When the card is fully opened, you discover a sweet gift pocket.
Mat a 3″ x 4″ journal card on a 3 1/4″ x 8 1/2″ panel of the distressed orange dot pattern. Score in half to form a little top fold tea wallet. Cut a border strip, wrap it around the wallet and trim away the excess to form a belly band. Now the card is also a gift.
I hope you enjoyed this stroll through my secret garden. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below. You’ll also find a linked supply list at the bottom of this post.
Thanks for stopping by!
Boho Dreams Summer Garden Card Supply List
- Little Birdie Crafts
- Other Products
Little Birdie Crafts Magical Unicorn Birthday Card
Hello, Friends! Today I have a Little Birdie Crafts Magical Unicorn Birthday Card to share with you. This is the card I made for our granddaughter’s birthday party last month. Julia loves saturated colors, sparkly things and unicorns. I used the Boho Creams paper collection to make this Magical Unicorn Shaker/Easel card and she loved it!
Magical Unicorn Birthday Card: Creating the Card Base
Easel cards are probably my favorite style of fancy fold. They are quick and easy to make, but really have that “WOW” factor we all want in our creations. When you add a shaker element to an easel card, as I did here, you really have something special. Here are the simple steps for putting this card base together.
- First, score a 6″ x 12″ panel of white cardstock in half on the long side. Fold and burnish to make a 6″ x 6″ top fold card base.
- Next, score a horizontal line on the card front at 3 inches. Make a mountain fold. This is the easel element on the card.
- Now, line the card interior with a 6″ x 6″ panel of Boho Dreams paper. It’s all beautiful, so you can’t go wrong here!
- Next, cut (4) 6″ x 2 7/8″ panels of designer paper to line the (4) 3″ x 6″ rectangles on the card front and interior. Be careful not to glue over the folds or your easel mechanism will not function.
- When it is time to add the main image to the card front, you will only place adhesive on the bottom half of the fold. Then the card will stand upright for display.
Magical Unicorn Birthday Card: Making the Stopper for the Easel Card
Every easel card needs a brake, or a stopper to make the card stand up for display. The stopper is actually built on the bottom half card interior. Here’s how to add that element to your card.
- Punch out the eyelash unicorn doily from the 12×12 paper pad.
- Fussy cut the eyelashes and unicorn horn from the fussy cut page of the paper collection. Place dimensionals on the back and adhere over the doily.
- Next, fussy cut some flowers and feathers. Pop these up on dimensionals and cluster around the image as seen in the photo.
- Now select 3 Boho Dreams Micro Roses and adhere around the unicorn horn.
- Cut a little fishtail banner from a scrap of your designer paper and adhere on the right hand side.
- Then fussy cut the banner and adhere from the top left to the bottom right.
- Now back the doily with dimensionals and adhere to the card base.
- Decorate the stopper with Boho Dreams Flowers. Tuck a bow under one of the large flowers. Because this card was for my granddaughter, I added lots of pretty rhinestones, too.
Magical Unicorn Birthday Card: Making the Shaker Element
Here’s how to make the shaker element.
- First, cut a 3″ x 4″ journal card from the paper collection.
- Next, add Gold Metallic Wax to a Little Birdie Rectangular Chipboard Frame.
- Cut a piece of clear cardstock (acetate sheet) to fit the back of the frame and adhere in place with strong tape liner or Dries Clear Adhesive. Use a damp paper towel to clean up any little smudges of adhesive.
- Now back the frame with 1/8″ foam tape. I used 3 layers.
- Next, place the frame face down and fill with sequins. Then carefully line the journal card up over the foam tape and press to seal. Be sure there are no gaps around the edges. If needed, you can add another layer of paper.
- Now you can adhere the frame to the card base. Decorate with fussy cuts and flowers.
Magical Unicorn Birthday Card: The Bookmark
I also made a little bookmark to go with the card. These are quick and easy gifts to create.
- Cut a 3 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ panel of designer paper.
- Place adhesive along the top of a journal card and adhere. If you leave the bottom open, the book page can slip between the image and the base.
- Punch a hole in the center of the bookmark and thread with ribbon. Tie a bow with metallic string.
- Adhere a fussy cut unicorn and add micro roses.
I hope I’ve shared some tips, tricks and inspiration that you can use in your next crafty adventure. If so I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below. You’ll find a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks for stopping by!