Tulla & Norbert Sweet as Honey MIni Album for the Really Reasonable Ribbon July 2021 Blog Hop
Hello, Friends! Welcome to the Really Reasonable Ribbon July 2021 Blog Hop! You should be coming here from Ginny’s fabulous blog. This month we are playing with the Sizzlin’ Summer Ribbon Club Assortment.
The summer vibe is strong in this vibrant collection of ribbons. Yellow Bold Checked Plaid and Jasmine Delicate Stitched Satin ribbons are the perfect playmates for this whimsical mini album. The adorable papers are from Photoplay Paper’s Sweet as Honey collection. Let’s take a closer look at how I used these ribbons in this project.
Gnome Tweet Gnome Shaker
I love to use ribbons as a closure on my mini albums. It’s pretty, it’s quick and it’s easy! Here’s how to do it:
- First, find the center point on the front of your mini album.
- Next, wrap 1/2″ Scor-Tape from the front edge, over the spine and all the way to the back edge of the album. Be sure to leave about 1 6″ overhang on each end so you can tie a pretty bow.
- Now, adhere the Jasmine Delicate Stitched Satin Ribbon over the Scor-Tape. Burnish in place to make sure it grips well.
- Then, repeat this step with 1/4″ Scor-Tape. Place the Scor-Tape in the center of the Jasmine Delicate Stitched Satin Ribbon.
- Now, adhere the 3/8″ Yellow Bold Check Ribbon over the Jasmine Ribbon. This time you will only leave about 2 inches hanging over the sides.
- Finish the closure by tying knots in the ends of the yellow ribbon. Now you can tie a bow with the Jasmine ribbon.
The Bow Cluster
Use your Bow-it-All Tool to tie a triple loop bow with the Jasmine Ribbon. Then adhere this next to the shaker frame using a hot glue gun. Next, tie a double loop bow with the Yellow Bold Check ribbon. Adhere this right on top of the knot in the Jasmine bow. Top it off with a fancy button.
Do you love dangles on a spine as much as I do? These are also easy to create. Wrap the spine with a long piece of the Yellow Bold Check Ribbon. Tie a square knot at the top, then trim the tails. Next, string a series of charms on mini vintage safety pins and secure the pin through the knot. Then top it off with a small Jasmine bow and button.
A Quick Peek Inside
Because it’s so much easier to see how an album like this works in a video, I’ve prepared a short tour for you on YouTube. I hope you enjoy!
On With the Hop!
Now hop on over and see what paper pretties Cheryl has in store for you. Once you have visited all the blogs in the hop, finish up over at Really Reasonable Ribbon so you can answer Bonnie’s Question of the Month and be entered in the drawing for a free Sizzlin’ Summer Ribbon Club Assortment!
If you haven’t joined the RRR Monthly Ribbon Club yet, this is a great time to join! Pretty soon Bonnie will be rolling out her fabulous ribbons for Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. You can get them delivered right to your door. You can find out how to join HERE.
Have fun hopping!
Thanks for stopping by!
- Really Reasonable Ribbon
- PhotoPlay Paper
- Tim Holtz Vignette Frame
- Clear Cardstock (acetate)
- 1/4″ foam tape
- Queen Bee Shaker Mix
- Charms from my stash