Love Sweet Love Valentine’s Day Banner with Authentique Romance
Hello, Friends! This Love Sweet Love Valentine’s Day Banner is the perfect way to get ready for Love Month!
Banners make every day feel like a celebration, don’t they? Authentique Paper’s fabulous Romance Collection adds vintage charm and style to this frilly creation! Since banners are one of my favorite things to make, I thought I’d share a few tips and tricks to help you make your own.
Love Sweet Love Valentine’s Day Banner Tips and Tricks
- First, figure out how many pennants you want to add to your banner. Working with odd numbers (3, 5, 7) always seems to work best for me.
- Machine stitch banners to ribbon to create a banner that will last for years. If you don’t like to sew, you can also use cute wooden clothespins to attach your pennants to the ribbon.
- For an extra dose of vintage romance, stitch lace over the ribbon.
- Next, mix and match the shape and size of your pennants. I used a combination of hand cut pennants and vintage tag pennants. The contrast in shape adds so much to the final creation. But you can also make them all the same if that is your preference.
- Add die cut hearts as layering elements. This helps draw the eye to the focal image.
- Create lots of dimension with fussy cut images. Separate layers with foam adhesive tabs or waste chipboard.
- Mix and match textures for lots of visual interest. This resin bird cage plays beautifully with paper flowers, delicate lace and paper elements.
- Soften angles by adding a circular element to your design. Die cut circles from patterned paper, then adhere to lacy paper doilies.
- Fussy cut flowers play nicely with paper flowers, too.
- Do you spy the heart shaped wood buttons? This introduces another contrast in texture.
Banner of the Month?
Last year, I created a little Authentique Desk Calendar for each month of the year. Many of you have contacted me to ask me if I would be willing to do something similar in 2021. Well, I’ve been thinking about this for weeks, searching for a paper collection that would work. But no luck!
So, what if we did a little banner of the month instead? I’d love to hear your thoughts and comments about this below. It seems like it would be fun to dress our homes up with a cheery little banner for each month of the year. Tell me what you think!
And that’s it for me today, friends! Look for a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Authentique Romance Collection Kit
- Little Birdie Celebrate Life Rosalind Roses
- Paper Doilies
- Pink Gingham Ribbon
- Baker’s Twine
- Spellbinders Forever Hearts Expression Dies
- Lace and Embellishments from my stash