Spellbinders Make a Scene Shaker Card
Hello, Friends! Need a little promise of spring? I’m hoping this Spellbinders Make a Scene Shaker Card will feel like sunshine and blues skies on this chilly February day! What a treat to work with this amazing new set of dies from the one and only Becca Feeken (Amazing Paper Grace)! Nothing warms up a wintry afternoon like making a shaker card filled with peeps and wee chicks in an old shoe!
Make a Scene Collection
If you haven’t had a chance to check out the Make a Scene Collection, you might just want to take a peep. (See what I did there? I apologize!) This huge collection can be used in all kinds of ways. The shaker frame is made with the Scallop Façade Frame Etched Die Set. If you are a shaker card maker, you will love this die! Here’s how I put this shaker frame together.
- First, create a 7″ x 5″ top fold card base.
- Next, arrange the outer scallop frame, inside filigree frame insert and the smallest rectangle frame together over patterned paper. TIP: Use a bit of washi tape or Post-it Tape to hold the dies in place. Then die cut.
- Now cut a piece of clear cardstock (acetate) to fit the back of the frame. Adhere this with Dries Clear Adhesive.
- Then layer 3 rows of 1/8″ foam strips around the wider frame border.
- Next, place the Easter Chic sequin mix on the background panel. Be generous: this is a big frame!
- Now carefully line up the acetate frame over the background layer. When you are sure it is straight, press in place.
See? That was easy, right?
Grand Cinch and Go Flowers
Use the Make a Scene Grand Cinch and Go Flowers Dies to die cut flower layers from your paper scraps. Using patterned paper to cut out flower layers is a huge time saver. Plus, you end up with perfectly color matched flowers on your card.
And can we just talk about the ribbon for a minute? This cheery mix of ribbons is from the Really Reasonable Ribbon February Ribbon Club Assortment. They could not have been a more perfect match for this card!
And I just have to mention these adorable little chicks in a shoe. Once again, Reneabouquets Printed Beautiful Board is a perfect fit.
Sometimes, you really do get what you ask for!
Ok…this is super exciting! I’ve been asking the fine folks at Authentique paper to re-release some of their fabulous older collections in a “Best of” collection pad. And guess what? They did it! This “Best of Springtime” paper collection kit is now available for purchase online. Friends, I am over the moon at this new development. (You can also find “Best of Beloved” for Valentine’s Day, too!)
A Peek Inside
Here’s a peek at the inside of this sweet little card. Bunnies and posies and plaids and checks. Oh, yes please! There’s a Lemon Lift tea bag tucked into the tea wallet, too.
So that’s it for me friends! I hope I’ve added a bit of sunshine to this wintry day. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Thanks for stopping by!