Stamperia Sea Land Mixed Media Folio Tutorial with ButterBee Scraps
Hello, Friends! Are you dreaming of the sea? If so, his Stamperia Sea Land Mixed Media Folio Tutorial will be a dream come true. I’m collaborating once again with ButterBee Scraps to bring you this “girly grunge” mixed media folio tutorial.
The folio base is built with 3 sheets of 18 pt. 11×17 grocery bag paper and measures 6″ x 7″ with a really fabulous fold out design. You will learn how to build the base and add all the mechanisms in the tutorial as well as learn how I created the cool corroded metal effects on my ButterBee Scraps charms.
While it’s not a complete “from A to Z” tutorial, you will walk away with a wealth of knowledge and new techniques to add to your crafty toolbox. I know I learned some new stuff myself while designing and creating this fabulous folio.
Stamperia Sea Land Mixed Media Folio Tutorial: A Peek Inside
The fun starts right away with this interactive pocket/tag/flap combo inside the first fold. These are Graphic 45 ATC Laser Cut Alpha Tags. You may still have some of these in your stash. Backed with papers from the Sea Land collection, spattered with acrylic paint, embossed with Seth Apter Dirty Sand Baked Texture, topped with braided jute and a lovely ButterBee Scraps charm, they are definitely sea worthy!
There are so many flips, flaps and interactive elements in this folio that pictures simply cannot tell the whole story. But you’ll get to see how everything works together in the project share and tutorial video below.
Stamperia Sea Land Mixed Media Folio Tutorial on YouTube
This is a really “meaty” tutorial with lots of moving parts. Pick up a pencil and a notepad, and a snack and a refreshing beverage might be a good idea, too. There’s a lot to learn, and a lot of fun techniques to add to your crafty toolbox. Ready to get your craft on? Just press play.
For your convenience, you’ll find a linked supply list below the signature area of this post.
I hope I’ve shared some tips, tricks and techniques that you can use in your own crafty adventures. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Thanks for stopping by!
Stamperia Sea Land Mixed Media Folio Tutorial SUPPLY LIST
- Under the Sea Tibetan Charms Collection
- Mini Bulldog Clips/Bronze
- Glass Globe Charms
- Antique Bronze Drawer Pulls
- Large Lobster Clasps (2) Use these in place of the salvaged fishing lures on my project
- Small Ultra Strong Disc Magnets (these are awesome!)
- Jump Rings
- Under the Sea II Collection (not yet listed in the shop. Check the NEW product section.)
- Stamperia Sea Land 12×12 Collection Pad
- (3) 11″ x 17″ sheets of 18 pt. Grocery Bag Kraft cardstock
- (1) 8 1/2″ x 11 sheet of Sno Cone Cardstock
Ribbon and Textiles
- 1 yard 1.5″ wide antique gold netting
- Braided Jute Cording from my stash…but this would work well
- Natural Burlap String
- Sisal Fiber…check your local craft store
- Spanish Moss…check your local craft store
- Ivory Chalk Paint
- Antiqued Bronze Distress Paint
- Seth Apter Powders
- Other Embossing Powders
- Faded Burlap, Tattered Rose Distress Embossing Powders (These have been retired, but you could substitute from your own stash or look HERE for substitutes.)
- Distress Oxide Inks
- Distress Inks
- Gathered Twigs