Heartfelt Creations Cherry Blossom Retreat Summer Shaker for the June Alumni Blog Hop
This hop is now closed. The winner is SandiB chosen from Gloria’s Blog. Thanks for hopping!
Hello, Friends! Welcome to the Heartfelt Creations June Alumni Blog Hop. Today I have a Cherry Blossom Retreat Summer Shaker Card to share with you. There will be lots of useful tips and tricks to help you create this card on your own, so let’s get started!
- Begin by trimming an 8 1/2″ x 11 piece of Whip Cream Cardstock to measure 8 1/4″ x 11″.
- Next, place the long side of the card on your scoring tool and score at 4 3/4″ and again at 9 1/2″. This will leave you with a 1 1/2″ flap that we will turn into a pocket.
- Now die cut (2) Elegant Pocket Accents from Whip Cream Cardstock. Overlap them in the center of the card, wrapping the extra ends around to the back side.
- Learn how to make the shaker element HERE.
- Then learn how to create the cherry blossoms HERE.
TIP: Always make extra flowers! This card came together very quickly because I had flowers left over from a previous project. You might as well make a whole bunch of flowers while you have all your craft tools and materials out. Store finished flowers in plastic bins.
Cherry Blossom Retreat Summer Shaker: A Peek Inside
Cut 8 1/8″ x 4 5/8″ liner papers for the inside of the card. Then cover the pocket flap with an 8 1/8″ x 1 3/8″ panel of designer paper. Now cut the border sentiment and adhere along the bottom. Adhere only the sides of the pocket flap and adhere to the card base.
Cherry Blossom Retreat Summer Shaker: Bookmark and Gift Card Wallet
- Fussy cut the tag from the paper collection leaving some of the floral details along the edge.
- Then mat on a scrap of pink cardstock.
- Adhere just 1/4 of the top edge of the matted tag to a piece of scrap blue cardstock and trim around the edges.
- Now punch a hole in the tag, about 1/2″ from top edge. Thread with ribbon and silver metallic string.
- Slip the bird house charm onto silver string and thread through the ribbon loop.
- Fussy cut or die cut the tag from the paper collection and adhere to the bookmark.
- Create the gift card wallet with a 6 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ scrap of blue cardstock.
- Score in half at 3 1/4″. Then fold to form a folio.
- Line the interior as seen in the photo below.
- Then create a little gift card pocket by scoring 1/2″ along the sides and bottom of a 4 1/4″ x 2″ scrap of pink cardstock.
- Fold along the score lines.
- Then cut away the corners and fold to form a pocket.
On With the Hop
The hop begins here at 8AM on Friday, June 28th EDT and lasts until 11:55PM EDT on July 1st. One comment from a mystery blog will be randomly chosen to win a $25 shopping spree at Heartfelt Creations. The winner will be notified on this blog on Tuesday, July 2nd, and on the Heartfelt Creations Blog/Facebook Page on Wednesday, July 3rd. Claim the prize within 72 hours by contacting email@example.com via e-mail. Please write “Winner of the June Alumni Hop” in the subject window.
Now let’s hop!
You’ll find a linked supply list below. Enjoy the hop!
Thanks for stopping by!
- Heartfelt Creations Products
- Whip Cream
- Sno Cone
- Tickled Pink