Prima Christmas in the Country Mrs. Deer Box Card
Hello, Friends! Let’s kick the week off with a shabbylicious Mrs. Deer Box Card that is just brimming with Christmas in the Country charm. I finally had time to dig into this delicious Prima collection, and it’s as wonderful to work with as I had anticipated!
If you love woodland style, old barns, buffalo plaid posies and country charm, this 5″ x 7″ card is going to tickle you pink! I created a 5″ x 7″ top fold card with a 1″ spine and a box style pocket interior to house all the elements seen here. It was a totally delightful morning spent completely lost in my imaginary world. I hope you enjoy it as well!
Mrs. Deer Box Card : The Woodland Wreath
The wreath around Mrs. Deer is made using one of my favorite new techniques. Here’s how to make it happen:
- Begin by die cutting 2 Spellbinders Holly Berry Wreaths from Christmas in the Country. Select a neutral pattern for the best results.
- Ink the inner and outer edges of both wreaths with a little Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.
- Next, cover one wreath with Versamark Embossing ink.
- Now place it in a funnel tray, or on a clean sheet of printer paper and cover it with Seth Apter’s Vintage Beeswax Baked Texture. Heat emboss.
- Let the wreath cool a bit, then tap randomly with Versamark. Sprinkle lightly with Seth Apter Ancient Amber Baked Texture and heat emboss a second time.
- Now, the fun part: Rub Peeled Paint Distress Oxide directly over the surface of the cooled wreath. Spritz with water until little beads of ink form. Then heat emboss again. The ink will sink below the embossing powder and add a lovely mottled effect.
- Finally, place small spacers between the two wreath layers and adhere together.
Mrs. Deer Christmas Card: A Peek Inside
Create a box pocket inside the card, then tuck in this lovely shabby chic gift card folio.
This makes a great gift all on its own, or you can tuck in a small gift card when you write your personal message.
I hope I’ve shared some tips, tricks and ideas you can use in your next crafty adventure! If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below. You’ll also find a linked supply list there.
Thanks for stopping by,
- Prima Christmas in the Country
- 8×8 Pad (sold out)
- 3×4 Journal Cards
- A4 Pad (sold out)
- Christmas in the Country Flowers
- Red/Pink/Ivory Variegted Sheer Ribbon
- Found objects: moss/wood chip on a walk
- Seth Apter Baked Texture: Vintage Beeswax/Ancient Amber
- Peeled Paint Distress Oxide Ink
- Heat Gun for Embossing
- Versamark Clear Embossing Ink
- Prima Christmas in the Country
Not only do I love your stunning creations and tips; but I do so enjoy reading your friends reviews. They too are uplifting and I might add spot on! I sincerely hope every one keeps on recognizing your creativity Kathy and, more importantly, your support and kindness. Thanks to all from a fellow fan. . .
What can I say Kathy?! This is just another stunning card and I just love how you make it into a box too. You are just amazing my friend!!!
Such a delightful card, Kathy. I’m picturing you creating this and am smiling at the fun you are having. I’m loving that inside boxed pocket and wonderful pack of goodies that it holds. When my new crafting area is finally set up, I’ll be trying out this concept for sure! tfs-Hugs.
More of my favorites all in one project!
Oh WOW again, Kathy! Luv these farmy, home looking, shabby chic vintage papers!!! Luv how you make it all work together and it looks so great!! Yep! You’ve got magic in those fingers! Luv the inside just as much as the outside! Thanks for sharing! Have a wonderful week! Hugs, Suzy Q
This is absolutely gorgeous!!!
Okay now you’re just showing off. This is amazing Kathy. So much texture and detail. Love it. Stay warm and enjoy the day.
Wow…Just wow! Beautiful Kathy….as always
What a gorgeous card, Kathy! And just look at all the goodies inside! Wow, this would make a wonderful “gift” as well as a beautiful display. You have outdone yourself with all the lovely decorative elements on the front, especially that awesome wreath design. And I just LOVE that deer image! Since I live out in the country, this card really speaks to me. Thank you for sharing this beautiful creation! Hugs!