Ciao Bella Micro Cosmos Joy Fold Shaker Card with Really Reasonable Ribbon August 2020 Club
Hello, Friends! Today’s Joy Fold Shaker Card was inspired by a line of poetry from William Blake. He wrote, “to see the World in a Grain of Sand and Heaven in a Wild Flower,”. Those were the lines that kept running through my mind as I created with the RRR August Ribbon Club and Ciao Bella’s Micro Cosmos paper collection. The earthy greens from the Sunflower Assortment seemed to be the perfect playmate for these beautiful botanical papers. If you haven’t had a chance to play with these lovely ribbons, I hope this post will inspire you to do so!
Joy Fold Shaker Card: Creating the Shaker Box
If you’ve never made a Joy Fold Card before, you can find a tutorial HERE. Once you’ve made the card base, you can create the shaker box.
- First, heat emboss a chipboard frame with Versamark Ink and WOW! Vintage Champagne Embossing powder.
- Next, die cut clear cardstock (acetate sheets) with an oval die. The oval should be slightly larger than the opening in the frame.
- Now, adhere the clear cardstock to the back of the frame with Dries Clear Adhesive.
TIP: Use a thin bead of adhesive on the inner edge of the oval frame. Then smooth it out with your finger or a paintbrush. This will prevent the adhesive from “oozing” out all over the clear cardstock window.
- Next, adhere 3 layers of 1/8″ foam strips to the back side of the frame.
- Now place your sequin mixture in the center of your focal image and adhere the shaker box so that it is centered .
- Press lightly to completely seal the edges.
- Then reate a ribbon closure with the Forest Green Plaid Ribbon.
- Now tuck a loopy Forest Green Diamond Satin Ribbon into the flower cluster on the left.
- Adhere a Reneabouquets dragonfly in the flower cluster on the right. (Product links below.)
A Peek Inside
Add lots of lovely little pockets, tags and goodies inside the folio to turn it into a gift.
Top ta bookmark with the Diamond Satin Ribbon and the Random Lines Satin Ribbon. This pattern makes me think of bamboo, which is perfect for this project.
Create a little tag and gift card wallet to tuck inside another pocket. It’s so much fun to pull all these pieces out!
Decorate both sides of the tag and line the interior of the gift card wallet with scraps of designer paper.
Here’s a peek at the card fully opened. Create a hidden pocket by adhering just the sides and bottom of the smaller card to the larger card base.
Score a large ivory tag and fold to create a little photo folio with a pretty shaped edge. I covered both sides of the tag with designer papers. Then tuck it into the hidden pocket. Add a blank sentiment panel to the front of the hidden pocket so you can write a personal note here.
So that’s my first play with the August Ribbon Club! I hope I’ve inspired you to break your Sunflower Assortment out of the package and make something beautiful with all those pretty ribbons! If you’re not currently a member of the Really Reasonable Ribbon Club, you can find out how to subscribe HERE.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Really Reasonable Ribbon August Ribbon Club
- Ciao Bella Microcosmos
- Little Birdie Flowers
- Wow Vintage Champagne Embossing Powder
- Versamark ink
- Clear Cardstock
- 1/8″ foam strips
- Citrus Fun Shaker Mix
- Queen Bee Embellishments
- Falling Leaves Shaker Mix