Crafty Crush: Eileen Hull Notebook Die for Frilly and Funkie
Hello, Friends! Have you had a chance to play with the new Eileen Hull Notebook Die? I have a serious crafty crush on it. I’ll tell you all about it in a moment, but first let me welcome you to the “I Love It Because…” challenge over on the Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog. Our lovely hostess, the marvelous Jenny Marples, has this to say about the theme:
I love it because…
How often do you create something just for you that makes your heart sing? Doesn’t it feel great when you do! My challenge to you is to make a vintage or shabby chic piece of art, be it a journal page, a tag, a card, a home decor project etc, that fills you with happiness and makes you smile – don’t forget to tell us why you love it so much.
Stamperia Spring Botanic + Eileen Hull Notebook Die = Beautiful
If you are not familiar with the new Eileen Hull Notebook Die by Sizzix, let me be the first to introduce you. This genius little die cuts a 3 1/2″ x 5″ notebook from mat board, fabric, leather, or chipboard with one pass through your die cutting machine.
At the same time as it cuts the chosen material, it also creases an area that becomes the spine. This is book binding at it’s easiest and most basic. So if you’ve ever wanted to make your own little books, this is a great way to get started.
Eileen Hull Notebook Die: I Love it Because
- Ease of Use
- Size: It fits inside her cleverly designed Treasure Box
- Versatility: You can design this album in any number of ways. You can find more examples of how I’ve used this clever die HERE and HERE.
- Quick to make: I can knock out one of these lovely little notebooks in a couple of hours. Then I have the perfect little gift to present, and people are always thrilled to receive it.
Stamperia Spring Botanic Paper Pad: I Love it Because
How could you not love this gorgeous paper? The colors are my favorites, and the images are just dreamy. And look at that wee snail? I love him!
Stamperia builds their collections so that the mixed media effects I love so much are incorporated into the design. I can add stenciling and texture on top of that if I desire to do so. Or, I can simply cut apart the bits and pieces, dress them up with a little ribbon and a charm and be all set.
For this little album, I printed out a selection of my favorite Spring poems and quotes. I wanted a little lap book that could be perused at leisure, or used for home decor.
I’ll be sharing a full video tutorial over on the Frilly and Funkie Blog this Saturday, May 11th. We’ll make the “sister” album for this Spring album, so you’ll want to be sure to catch that! It will be a “start to finish” project, and I think you’ll learn a lot of fun little tricks that you can use in your own crafty adventures.
I Love it Because….Now It’s YOUR Turn!
You are cordially invited to join in on this fun challenge. To do so, simply create your own vintage or shabby chic spring themed project. Then link up on the Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog before 11:55PM EDT on Tuesday, May 21st. You can find all the rules and information HERE.
The winner will earn the chance of a Guest Designer spot at Frilly and Funkie, and everyone who enters and follows the rules will go into the draw for the chance to win a $25 spending spree at The Funkie Junkie Boutique. In addition, the Design Team will select three further outstanding entries and those creators will receive a Top Pick badge to display on their blogs!
I can’t wait to see what you make!
See you on Saturday!
Thanks for stopping by!
From The Funkie Junkie Boutique
- Stamperia Spring Botanic Paper Pad
- Eileen Hull Notebook Die
- Ancestors Paper Dolls (out of stock, but you could substitute these)
- Idea-Ology Metallic Stickers/Tim Holtz
- Remnants Design Tape/Tim Holtz Idea-Ology
- Antique Linen Distress Oxide Ink
- Compass Coin/Tim Holtz Ideaology (out of stock, but you could substitute THIS.)
- Distress Paint: Peeled Paint, Peacock Feathers
- Burlap String
- Paper Trimmer/Tim Holtz
- Remnant Rubs/Tim Holtz Idea-Ology
- Botanical Layers/Tim Holtz Idea-Ology
- Silver Tone Butterfly/Heart Charm
- Champagne Wrinkled Ribbon
- Prima Mechanicals Roman Clock (retired)
- Patina Bee Charm
- Natural Canvas (check your local fabric store)