Dragonfly Season Gatefold Card Folio with Really Reasonable Ribbon and Reneabouquets
Hello, Friends! Summertime is Dragonfly Season. These dazzling beauties hover in the sweet summer breeze and fill our hearts with delight. I tried to capture the feeling of a perfect summer day in this Dragonfly Season Gatefold Card made with Really Reasonable Ribbon’s July Ribbon Assortment and some paper pretties from Reneabouquets. Let’s share a cuppa and take a closer look at the details and elements in this summery creation.
Here’s how I created this gatefold card base.
- First, cut a 12×12 sheet of white cardstock to measure 11 3/4″ x 7 1/4.
- Now place the long side on your scoring tool and score left to right at 2 3/4″, 3″, 8 1/2″ and 9″.
- Then fold along the scored lines to form a 5 1/4″ x 7 1/4″ gatefold card. You will have 1/4″ spines on the left and right hand sides of the card base.
- Line the card with Ciao Bella Microcosmos papers. You will need (2) 2 3/4″ x 7 1/4″ panels for the front, (2) 2 5/8″ x 7 1/4″ panels for the inside, and (1) 5″ x 7″ panel for the center. The 4 spines are 3/8″ x 7 1/4″.
The Shaker Element
True confession: I love the way this shaker frame turned out. It makes me think of a dragonfly hovering over a bird bath or fountain. It takes a minute or two to put together, but the effort is definitely worth it!
- First, heat emboss a Reneabouquets Simply Beautiful Frame with Versamark Ink and Stampendous Aged Silver Embossing Powder.
- Next, dry brush a little chalk paint over the frame to soften it.
- Once the paint is dry, die cut an oval from clear cardstock, (acetate) and adhere to the back of the frame with Dries Clear Adhesive. Use a damp paper towel to clean up any excess adhesive.
- Now back the frame with 3 layers of 1/8″ foam strips.
- Locate the oval dragonfly image from the paper collection.
- Then place your shaker mix and some glitter glass in the center of the image.
- Now center the prepared frame over the image and gently press into place.
- Embellish with a Reneabouquets Dragonfly.
- Then heat emboss a resin crown with Diamond Dust Embossing Powder and adhere it on the top of the frame.
This card was a little “blah” until I added the Turquoise Taffeta bows and flowers . Then everything popped! The Silver Metallic String Bows echo the silver in the shaker frame, adding just the right touch of sparkle. I also heat embossed Reneabouquets Tiny Butterfly Flourishes with Diamond Dust Embossing Powder and added them to the corners. Can you say yummy?
A Peek Inside
Gatefold cards are so dramatic to open! You can see how I added a Large Sugar Bee Corner from Reneabouquets to the right hand flap.
Add a sentiment panel on the right and create a box pocket in the center of the card.
Turquoise Taffeta Ribbon adorns both the book mark and the mini folio that are tucked into the pocket.
Did you think I forgot to add tea? You know me better than that! Here is the tea wallet and vintage silver plate demitasse spoon. Now we’ve got a gift on our hands!
Of course there is room to add a gift card in with the tea bag if you should decide to do so. But I think this gift is complete as it is.
You’ll find a linked supply list below this post. And if you would like to purchase this card, you can find it in my Etsy Shop.
I hope I’ve inspired you to break out your ribbons and embellishments today and make something beautiful.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Really Reasonable Ribbon
- Turquoise Taffeta Ribbon from the July Ribbon Club Assortment
- Silver Metallic String
- Scor-Tape (for attaching the ribbon to the mini folio)
- Ciao Bella Microcosmos Collection
- Melissa Frances Resin Crown (retired)
- Clear Cardstock (Acetate)
- Embossing Powders
- Stampendous Aged Silver
- WOW Diamond White Embossing Powder (out of stock)
- 1/8″ foam strips
- Little Birdie Flowers
- Francisca Song of the Sea
- Dillan Song of the Sea
- Patina Glaze Wax (for the key)
- Bronze Decorative Key
I am running soooo late!! I love this little masterpiece and the colors are Luscious!!
This is just a pleasure to peruse and gives great pleasure. Love the way you carefully craft and guide us through your “story” line/design. You certainly are one very talented artist!
This card is quite dramatic and beautiful! Are the score line measurements correct? I think I’m seeing contradictory measurements for the 2 spines. In any case, I love the pocket and all it holds…your signature spoons are a spot of joy for the recipient. by the way…Did your granddaughter like her dog themed birthday card? Love all the colors of this delightful card…definitely smile worthy!
Oh my gosh, Kathy. You are a creative genius. I adore the gate fold card. Simple to make but you take them to the next level. Love the colors you chose for this one. I do not know how you churn these out day after day, each one different and inspirational, but my email always has at least 2 each week to view.
Stunning dragonfly folio with all the details and it’s a shaker too!! You make things look so beautiful!!
Beautiful dragonfly card. We have a lot of dragonflies around our pond.
Oh so pretty!!! Card is just stunning with all of Renea’s goodies, but the Dragonfly on the front is fabulous – well done indeed!!!
What a beautiful card Kathy! I just makes my heart sing!
We have had a lot of dragonflies this year, never have I seen so many. Lots of fairies going for rides I guess. 😉 This card is lovely with all its glitz and glamour and yes the dragon fly does look like he/she is hovering over water. Lovely work Kathy! Happy Monday.
Kathy, what a stunningly beautiful card! The colors and images are just gorgeous. They remind me of a Monet painting. The drangfly is always a favorite and I love the placement over that magical, mystical shaker window. Yes, I definitely see a birdbath there! This paper collection is to die for! I might have to break my moritorium on paper buying. LOL Of course the inside of this card as usual, is full of such lovely surprises. I could look at this beauty all day long! Thank you for sharing! Hugs!