Echo Park Winter Boxed Treat Tags Tutorial with Spellbinders Sweetheart Envelope Die
Hello, Friends! It’s time for another Throwback Thursday, and this week I have an Echo Park Winter Boxed Treat Tags Tutorial to share with you. Once again, we’re using that fabulous Spellbinders Amazing Paper Grace Sweetheart Envelope and Notecard Die set. Remember on Tuesday when I told you it was very versatile? Well, today, I used it to build the adorable box that our treat tags are housed in. You’ve gotta love a die that can do so many different things. (And I’m not even done yet….I have one more “make” using this die to share with you!)
Winter Treat Tags in a Box
It feels like a long, long time between the Christmas holidays and Valentine’s Day, doesn’t it? Winter days may be short, but they feel long, especially if you live in a part of the world where you get real winter weather. So I used the base die to create this darling little treat tag box. Because a hot cuppa and a bit of chocolate makes the winter days easier to bear!
Here’s how I made the box:
- First, cut 4 of the Sweetheart outer frame from heavy cardstock. Be sure to place the scoring rods in the die, as it will make it so much easier to fold the sides.
- Next, cut the pocket side tabs off of two of the panels. Then fold all 4 pockets along the scored lines.
- Overlap the pockets to form the bottom of your box, and use the side tabs to connect the box sides.
- Now cut (4) 1″ x 2 3/4″ strips from your scraps. Score these in half to form hinges. Adhere these to the sides of your box in the same way you would a gusset on a pocket. Fold one side of the hinge over onto the side of the adjacent box side and glue down to secure.
- Once your box is made, simply fold the scalloped top of the box down as seen in the above photo.
- Cut (4) 3 7/8″ x 3 1/8″ panels of designer paper to adhere to the sides of your box. I matted mine on slightly larger rectangles of white cardstock, then I adhered to the box sides.
- Next, adhere lace or other trim around the base of your box. Then adhere box feet. Wrap 1/4″ gingham ribbon above the lace and tie a bow.
- Use the smaller frame die and insert to cut the accent piece from patterned paper and adhere to the scalloped edges of the box. Glue the scalloped edges to the box base.
Making the Treat Tags
Our tutorial today will show you how to make these super adorable winter treat tags.
The pocket on each tag holds a Ghirardelli Chocolate Snowman, winter tea bag, honey stick and a little Tim Holtz flashcard. The back of the tag is lined with light blue cardstock. That’s where you can add your personal greeting.
Carta Bella Winter Boxed Treat Tags Tutorial on YouTube
If you’d like to follow along as I make these cute tags, you can view the video HERE.
Snowflake Gift Card Holder
Since I already had all the “stuff” out on my work table, and I had some lovely scraps to work with, I decided to make another cute gift card holder with the dies.
This time I added the the filigree insert t the envelope flap.
Then I tucked a York Peppermint Pattie and a little Note Card greeting inside. These are so much fun to make that they are almost addicting!
I hope you enjoyed today’s Throwback Thursday. You can find a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks for stopping by!