Annette Green’s Everythings Blooming Layered Bird Projects for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Hello, Friends! I’m still having loads of fun with Annette Green’s Everythings Blooming Layered Bird, Small Doilies and Stemmed Flowers. These new dies from Elizabeth Craft Designs are so much fun to play with. Today I’m pairing the dies up with Fancy Pants Honey and Bee. These cute Boho style papers make great playmates for the dies.
Here’s a look at the 5×7 topfold card I made using these supplies as well as some simple crafty tips you can use.
- First, keep the card design simple so that these detailed dies can take center stage. By keeping the busier floral pattern in the background and the simpler wood grain pattern in the foreground, these cute birds really pop off the page.
- Next, die cut the bird bodies from plain kraft cardstock. this gives you a great base to build your layers on.
- Cut the wings and details from patterned paper to create a whimsical, boho style birdie.
- Place foam tabs or dots between the layers to add extra dimension.
- Place one wing in front of the bird’s body and the other behind for even more dimension.
Stemmed Flowers Tips and Tricks
- Die cut stemmed flowers from 4 different shades of cardstock. I used a dark grey to match the base of my card, a light grey for contrast, a pale petal pink for the flowers, and a deep rose pink for contrast. I picked these colors up from the flowers in the paper pack.
- Stagger the flower layers when gluing them together to create a shadow effect.
- Keep out some leafy foliage to tuck in behind the birds.
- Tie the two birds together by placing the doily between them. You can fill the center of the doily with a shaker frame, or use a sentiment as I did here.
- Black rhinestones work well for the eyes, and as little pops of color when scattered around the card.
A Peek Inside
The inside of this card is really fun because of the pretty blank sentiment area and the roomy pocket. Do you spy the Lace Border at the top of the pocket? That’s also from Everythings Blooming.
Oh, look! There’s another fun button flower tag made with Everythings Blooming Playful Flowers, Stamps and the Fancy Flourish Die. I told you these dies are versatile! The stamps are such fun to use in a mixed media background, too.
I made this tag using the same techniques that I demonstrated in THIS YouTube video tutorial. Simply change out the color palette to go with your papers and you are all set.
Tuck a teabag in to a cute wallet made from your scraps. Or , you could easily tuck in a gift card, if you prefer. Either way, you’ve just created a great gift!
Layered Bird Tag “Just for Fun”
Since I already had a big mess out on my desk, I decided to use my leftover inks on another little tag. This is a G45 Square Laser Cut Tag. I don’t think they are making these any more, but I had one in my stash.
I was pleasantly surprised at how well the tag held up under all the inking and stamping.
If you’re intimidated at starting a big mixed media project, I highly recommend starting with a little tag like this. It’s a non-threatening way to practice your techniques!
I’m off now to our youngest granddaughter’s 8th birthday party. How she turned 8 so quickly is beyond me! I hope you all have a restful and restorative Sunday afternoon.
You can find a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Dies: ECD Everythings Blooming Collection by Annette Green
- Stamps: ECD Everythings Blooming Clear Stamps by Annette Green
- Fancy Pants Honey and Bee
- G45 Square Laser Cut Ivory Tag (laser cut tags are discontinued)
- Distress Oxide Inks: Abandoned Coral, Ripe Persimmon, Gathered Twigs, Speckled Egg, Fossilized Amber, Peeled Paint, Worn Lipstick, Wild Honey
- Bits and Bobs from my stash
Absolutely delightful Kathy, so much detail to enjoy! Love the mixed media about these pieces.
This card is so so cute and so are all the the goodies inside …tag, bookmark, tea bag holder …and the inside too! You are such a natural when it comes to mixed media! And why am I surprised …lol! Hug, Suzy Q
P. S. …where did you find that adorable girl on the inside of your card???
long time ehhh?
what a darling card…and those birds….so durn cute
always know you bring us fantastic cards filled with talent and love
happy spring….and early easter wishes to you
WOW, Kathy!! You are the designer that just keeps going!! I love all these beauties – great work and thank you for sharing!!