Spellbinders Expressions of Love Slimline Shaker Card
Hello, Friends! If you haven’t started making your Valentines yet, I think you’ll enjoy today’s Spellbinders Expressions of Love Slimline Shaker Card. Simple to make, shabby chic, and shimmering with metallic foil accents, it comes together in no time flat!
Don’t you just love these intricate Forever Love Heart Dies? Their lacy elegance is perfectly paired with Little Birdie Crafts Shabby Chic paper collection. Pink Metallic Cardstock really makes them and the “Love” sentiment die cut pop off the page.
Building the Card Base
- First, score an 8 1/2″ x 7″ panel of white cardstock in half to form an 8 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ top-fold slimline card base.
- Next, machine stitch an 8 1/4″ x 3 1/4″ panel of Little Birdie Shabby Chic designer paper on a slightly larger panel of pink cardstock.
- Now, cut a 7 3/4″ x 2 3/4″ panel of designer paper. Then arrange the Forever Love Heart Die inserts on the panel and die cut according to your machine’s instructions.
- Then, die cut the hearts a second time. This time use pink metallic paper and the outside heart frame when you die cut.
- Now you will carefully adhere the foil hearts over the inset die cut hearts. Overlap the layers just the tiniest bit to create a shadow effect.
Shake and Bake!
- Next, adhere clear cardstock (acetate) on the back side of the panel. Add foam tape to tje back to create a shaker box.
- Then, place your shaker mix on the card base and carefully position the top layer over it. Press gently to seal all the edges.
- Now place foam adhesive on the back of a Shabby Chic Die Cut image and adhere between the 2 hearts. Tuck some little posies (linked below) around the die cut to anchor it to the page.
- Now die cut the “love” sentiment from a scrap of the designer paper and a scrap of the pink metallic paper.
- Adhere them together so they are slightly offset to create a shadow effect.
- Next layer the sentiment on another die cut image from the Shabby Chic Collection.
- Finish the corners with ribbon, string bows, roses, stick pins, pink heart buttons, and a resin rose.
A Peek Inside
Finish the inside of the card with more Shabby Chic designer papers , fussy cut elements and a side pocket.
Fill the pocket with a pretty tea bag and a 3×4 sentiment card from the paper collection.
You can find out about this lovely new Spellbinder release HERE. Look for a linked supply list below the post.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
- Little Birdie Crafts
- Lilac Lane Fancy Gal Shaker Mix
- 3/8″ Coral Rose Check Ribbon
- Iridescent Metallic String
- Bits and Bobs from my stash