Fall Fox Folio Mini Tutorial with Reneabouquets and Prima Autumn Sunset
Hello, Friends! Today I have a mixed media Fall Fox Folio Mini Tutorial to share with you. If you checked out the blog on Tuesday, then you learned how to create the quick and easy folio base that we are finishing up today. You can find that tutorial HERE.
Since the folio was still on my desk when I came in to work, and since I had just received a lovely new box of Reneabouquets Beautiful Board, I decided to finish the folio base for our Throwback Thursday post.
Mixed Media Touches
Mixed media touches make this little 5×7 folio extra special. These easy steps make all the difference.
- First, dry brush the edges of Reneabouquets Pumpkin Beautiful Board with ivory chalk paint.
- Next, spatter the pumpkin with the leftover paint.
- Then tap Reneabouquets Oak Leaves and Acorns Fancy Fall Corners with embossing ink
- Now sprinkle (think salt) WOW! Super Fine Copper Embossing Powder over the Fall Corners. Tip the excess powder off onto a piece of paper and put back in the jar.
- Next, sprinkle a little Seth Apter Taos Sunset Baked Textures over the exposed frame. Tip the excess off as before.
- Finish by covering the rest of the beautiful board with Stampendous Mixed Metals Embossing enamel. Tip off the excess.
- Now heat emboss and watch the magic happen!
A Peek Inside
The interior of this folio will look familiar to you, because it’s the same folio we created on Tuesday.
Today I’ll show you how to create the fun flip/flap element in the center of the folio. Then we will decorate the cover together.
Fall Fox Folio Mini Tutorial on YouTube
If you’d like to see the rest of the elements in this Fall Fox Folio Mini Tutorial then I hope you’ll enjoy this YouTube video.
Thanks so much for joining me this Throwback Thursday! You’ll find a linked supply list below this post.
- Prima Autumn Sunset 12×12 paper pad (only 1 left!)
- 1/2 Scor-Tape
- Old Gold Delicate Stitched Satin
- Natural Burlap String
- WOW! Super Fine Copper Embossing Powder
- Stampendous Chunky Mixed Metal Embossing Enamel
- Seth Apter Taos Sunset
- Embossing Ink
- Flowers from my stash…out of stock online
Kathy, this is just gorgeous! And I have these papers! Yay!!! Gonna go watch that base tutorial again! And luv how beautiful your Renebouquets flower vine turned out …just gorgeous! Thanks again for sharing another great tutorial! Hugs, Suzy Q
Oh my, Kathy!! This folio is over the top stunning! I am so ready for Fall and the instant I laid eyes on it I was transported to cool days and leaves beginning to fall. The colors in this paper collection are so warm and all of the images are just as sweet as they can be. I am so looking forward to the things you make for Fall and Winter. Thank you for sharing! Hugs!
Kathy this is beautiful! I can smell Fall in the air! I love to watch your creativity take shape and I would never skip ahead. Thank you for the video. Hugs!
I love everything about this folio, the colors are gorgeous and the cute fox and rabbit are so cute! Thanks for taking us along the ride with you!! Your creativity is off the charts.
Beautiful folio Kathy. I can smell all the fragrances of fall, pumpkin spice coffee’s, apple pies and all that is yummy! Just jammed packed with papers, now off to watch the video. Happy Thursday. Oh and a very happy belated birthday!!!!!
Oh Kathy, this is absolutely gorgeous!!! I can’t wait to watch your video. I love this folios and the 5 x 7 size is perfect.