Farmhouse Style Mixed Media Cards with APG April 2022 DOM and Stamperia Garden
Hello, Friends! Just as I promised you yesterday, I’m back to share these Farmhouse Style Mixed Media Cards. I had such fun creating with this Amazing Paper Grace Watering Can and Flowers die that I just couldn’t seem to stop! Yesterday, I shared a video that introduced you to this delightful Club Kit and showed you several different ways to add mixed media finishes to the watering can. We also learned a simple flower shaping technique. If you missed that video, you can find it HERE.
This watering can is cut from paper in the Stamperia Garden collection. Here’s how to make this watering can:
- First die cut the watering can pieces.
- Then lightly mist both sides of the paper.
- Now add the embossed design dies over the body of the watering can. Run them through your machine using an embossing mat. This really makes the embossed design pop.
- Next, lightly rub the design with metallic wax. This will make the design stand out even more.
- Finally, emboss with Versamark Embossing Ink and Seth Apter Vintage Beeswax Baked Texture.
The card base is 6″ x 6 1/2″. The background is made with torn layers of paper scraps that I stitched together on my sewing machine. Add extra texture with mustard seeds, spattered paint and ribbon.
Here’s a peek at the inside of the card. Of course, I added a pocket!
Tuck in a tea bag, bookmark and honey stick to turn the card into a gift!
Rosemary Garden Mixed Media Card
This watering can base is cut from heavy wrinkled specialty cardstock. I just kept layering various embossing powders until I achieved the finish you see here. The base coat is Seth Apter Patina Oxide followed by Vintage Beeswax and a little sprinkling of Taos Sunset.
TIP: Let the first layer of embossing powder cool before you add the next layer of Versamark Ink and powder! Heat chunky powders from the underside to avoid blowing the powder all over your work space.
TIP: Cut flower layers from scraps of solid cardstock or patterned papers. It always makes me happy when I can use up some scraps!
Decorate your pocket with fussy cut images to add extra flair to the card design.
Create a sweet bookmark with scraps of designer paper. Then tuck it into the pocket along with a tea bag and honey stick.
I keep thinking of different finishes and textures that I could use with this amazing die, so don’t be surprised if you see it again soon!
You’ll find a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Amazing Paper Grace April Die of the Month
- Stamperia Garden 12×12 Paper Pad (out of stock)
- Mustard Seeds
- Noble Peacock Seam Binding Ribbon
- Charms and buttons from my stash
- Embossing Powders