Floral Tag Junk Journal Tutorial with Your Creative Studio February Subscription Box
Hello, Friends! Well, it’s Throwback Thursday and I have a sweet Floral Tag Junk Journal Tutorial to share with you. My friends at Your Creative Studio surprised me with the February Subscription box last week. Since this is May, I figured the February box qualifies for a Throwback Thursday post.
You’ll get to see the unboxing video before we jump into the tutorial for this fun design. If you love tags (and I do) and pretty vintage florals (which I also do) I think you’ll enjoy this slightly different take on making a junk journal.
Creating the Tag Base
Graphic 45 Regular Kraft Tags serve as the base for this vintage style junk journal. Since y’all know how much I love pockets, you won’t be surprised to learn that each of the 6 tag pages features a double pocket design. How fun is that?
TIP: Create a sweet shaped pocket for the base page by scoring a G45 Kraft Regular Tag at 3 1/4″. Fold along the scored line, secure the sides with a tiny attacher tool, then fill the pocket with ephemera. Add gussets to the back of the tag pocket and adhere to the base to form a second pocket. This larger pocket can hold a mini folio for notes and scribbles as well as an itty bitty folio.
Details and Tips
Decorate your folio with the ephemera bits, rub-ons and acetate flowers that come in the box. You can add additional details like flowers, vintage lace trim, charms and Reneabouquets butterflies to really dress up the design.
TIP: Customize the ledger sheet papers that come in the box by adding layers of Bundled Sage and Seedless Preserves Distress Ink. I’ll show you how to do this in the video tutorial below.
Ideas for Using Your Floral Tag Junk Journal
As I was working on this creation, had so many ideas for using it pop into my head. Here are a few different ways you could enjoy this journal:
- Mini Journals like this make great gifts! The smaller size means you can complete one in about a day, and you can use up scraps of your favorite paper collection, too.
- You could fill each small pocket of the journal with a small gift: tea bags, gift cards, small bills, tickets or chocolate come to mind.
- Personalize the journal by adding hand written quotes, memories and small photos on the back of the various ephemera pieces.
- Because this journal will stand up on its own when opened, you can display it on a side table, bookshelf or mantel as part of your home décor. Flip the pages each week to reveal a pretty new scene.
- I love lap books. Take time to simply sit and flip through the pages, enjoy the sentiments and the images for a relaxing, refreshing moment or two.
Floral Tag Junk Journal Tutorial on YouTube
If you’d like to see the Your Creative Studio unboxing and learn how I put this delightful tag folio together, then I hope you’ll grab a cuppa and enjoy this video.
Feel free to use your favorite papers and embellishments as you create your own little Tag Junk Journal. I can’t begin to tell you how much fun I had designing this project for you!
You can find a linked supply list below this post.
Happy Throwback Thursday, friends!
- Your Creative Studio February Box (or whatever papers you wish to use)
- 2 Graphic 45 Kraft Regular Tag Album Kits
- Tim Holtz Sentiment Stickers
- Idea-Ology Word Tokens
- White Chalk Paint
- Distress Ink
- Reneabouquets Butterflies
- Flowers and Trinkets from my stash