Graphic 45 Flutter Full Bloom Card Folio with Really Reasonable Ribbon November Ribbon Club
Hello, Ribbon Lovers! Do you love purple? Then today’s purplicious post is going to absolutely thrill you. I’ve created a purplicious Full Bloom Card Folio with gorgeous Grape Shimmer Satin Ribbon and Graphic 45’s vibrant Flutter collection. And to take the purple to a whole new level, I piled on loads of luscious Little Birdie Flowers. Ooh la la! I’m not even that much of a purple lover, but I sure do love this card!
Flutter Full Bloom Card Folio: Building the Layers
This 5 1/8″ x 7 1/8″ x 1/4″ card folio is pretty simple in design. Here’s how I I put the cover together:
- First, mat a 4 7/8″ x 6 7/8″ panel of “Iridescent” on lavender cardstock. Stitch around the edges.
- Next, Mat a 4 1/4″ x 6 1/4″ panel of “Flutter” on lavender cardstock and stitch around the edges. Place the blue stripe corner stickers in the upper right and left hand corners.
- Center and adhere this panel to the “Iridescent” panel.
- Now die cut a Heartfelt Creations Eyelet Oval on Pearlized White Paper. Place adhesive on the scalloped outer frame and center on the “Flutter” panel.
- Cut a solid oval of lavender paper with the HC Eyelet Oval Die and adhere the eyelet oval to it. Place two layers of foam tape on the back side I use waste chipboard to save money) and center inside the scalloped frame.
Flutter Full Bloom Card Folio: The Flowers
Next, I layered a selection of purple flowers from Little Birdie Crafts down the left hand side of the card. These are the flowers I worked with:
- Jessica Purple
- Paula Grape Tan
- Andrea Mulberry
- Fiona Mulberry
Flutter Full Bloom Card Folio: Finishing Touches
To finish the card, mat the ticket sentiment sticker and back with foam adhesive. Adhere it just to the right of center on the card.
Now, fussy cut the butterfly from an 8×8 sheet of “Flutter”. Shape the wings with your fingers and tuck in between the flowers and the ticket. I added a very thin coat of Diamond Stickles to my butterfly wings, but that is optional. I do love the way the glittered wings mimic the shine in the Grape Satin Ribbon, though.
For the crowning touch, tie a double loop bow with Grape Shimmer Satin ribbon and tuck it in the corner of your flower arrangement. Tie a second bow with Silver Metallic String and repeat the process. So pretty!
Flutter Full Bloom Card Folio: A Peek Inside
I love G45 Tags and Pockets. This little pocket has a lovely surprise tucked inside.
I sewed some vintage buttons onto a handmade button card, then added a sticker. It fits perfectly in the pocket, and there’s room for a gift card, too, if you’re so inclined.
I know you see the honey stick in the bottom pocket, so the contents of the folio will be no surprise. But how cute is that little silver plastic spoon?
I tied a snippet of Purple Satin with a Silver Metallic Edge around the handle to dress it up a bit.
There’s even a purple tea bag in the pocket!!
I hope I’ve shared some tips and tricks today that you can use in your own crafty adventures. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Thanks for stopping by!