Frosty Windowpanes Christmas Shaker Card Folio and Gift Tags with Authentique Jolly Christmas Collection
Hello, Friends! Do you remember waking up on a wintry morning and peeping out of the windows, only to find them flaked with snow and ice? I do. (That’s one of the reasons why I married a Southern man…but that’s another story for another day!) This Frosty Windowpanes Christmas Shaker Card folio made with Authentique Paper’s Jolly Christmas Collection hearkens back to that childhood memory. Take a look.
I love the festive patterns and vibrant colors of this fun collection. Seeing all those lacy white snowflakes patterned on a red background inspired me to make this jolly shaker card folio.
The folio is my “go to” 5″ x 7″ base with a 1/4″ spine. I did loads of die cutting on this one, and it was all jolly good fun.
Frosty Windowpanes Christmas Shaker Card Folio: How to Create the Frosty Windowpane
- Die cut 2 window frames using a Tim Holtz Window/Window Box Bigz Die. I used a pearlized white metallic paper that I found in my stash. It has a subtle sheen and frosty appearance that worked well with my card design.
- Next, die cut 2 of the window boxes: one from scrap chipboard and one from patterned paper.
- Now, cut two 2.25″ x 3.25″ sheets of clear acetate cardstock.
- Then run 1/4″ Scor-Tape around the front edges of one window. This will be the window on the bottom in our shaker element.
- Next, peel off the liner tape and adhere one of the pieces of clear acetate cardstock.
- Then repeat this on the second window, BUT put the tape and the acetate cardstock on the BACK side of the window frame.
- Place a layer of foam tape on the front frame of the bottom window, being sure that you don’t overlap the panes. You don’t want the tape to show.
- Now, repeat this step with the top window, but as before, add the foam tape to the BACK side of the window frame.
- Next, lay the bottom window face up on your work surface and carefully fill the center with glitter, beads, sequins or whatever shaker medium you choose. Don’t over fill.
- Now, carefully remove the liner tape from both windows, and line them up one over the other. Take your time and make sure everything is straight and lined up. Then press to close.
Frosty Windowpanes Christmas Shaker Card Folio: A Peek Inside
The fun continues on the inside of this Frosty Windowpanes Christmas Shaker Card folio. Don’t you just love these cheery patterns? This top pocket contains a mini file folder with a bit of chocolate tucked inside. This would be a great spot to hide a gift card or monetary gift as well.
This large bottom pocket holds a decorated candy cane treat and a 4″ x 4.5″ accordion folded photo album.
This decorative belly band holds the photo album closed.
There’s room inside for eight 3.5″ x 4″ photos. Mat stickers on cardstock and then glue so that photos can be tucked behind them.
Wouldn’t this be a great way to share your family Christmas photos this year? It’s a card, and a gift, and pretty home decor all wrapped up into one neat package. You gotta love that!
Jolly Christmas Gift Tags
Gift tags are a quick and easy way to dress up a cookie plate, holiday gift or even trim the tree. These little beauties come together in a snap, thanks to the darling stickers in Jolly Christmas!
Die cut the tag bases with Tammy Tutterow’s Shortie Tags Die. Then die cut patterned paper with the same die and trim a little off the sides . Now, die cut a contrasting decorative edge using one of the shaped edge dies that comes with the set. I also die cut a little accent tab using Tammy’s Tabs Two Die. BAM! Tag bases are finished!
Now comes the fun part! Add stickers from the collection kit, pretty Christmas ribbons and trims, floral accents and Christmas embellies to make these tags shine. I find that if I make these “assembly line” style they come together really fast.
I hope I’ve shared some tips and tricks that you can use in your own crafty adventures. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Thanks for stopping by!
Frosty Windowpanes Christmas Shaker Card Folio Supply List
NOTE: I will link to as many items as possible, but some have been in my stash for a long time and may be retired. If possible, I will suggest a substitute. Common items like cardstock, glue, etc will not be listed here.
- Authentique Paper
- Sizzix Cutting Dies
- Spellbinder’s Cutting Dies
- Die D-Lites Icicles (retired, but you could substitute THIS die)
- Layered Poinsettia
- Tammy Tutterow Shortie Tag Die
- Tabs Two Die by Tammy Tutterow
- Green Glitz Ribbon
- Funky Christmas Trees on White Grosgrain Ribbon
- Red Green Tinsel Pipe Cleaner (I think I found these at the Dollar Store)
- Foam Tape
Ohhhh, these colors make me giddy with delight! These are just so adorable Kathy!
You and I share a love of pretty papers, Kathy! I love your Christmas folio!
I love everything, Kathy! The window frame card is beautiful and those gift tags would look lovely on any gift. You are an amazing talent, my friend!
Beautiful and festive!
This is so beautiful Kathy and on the morning we have our first sniwflakes! Your work never ceases to amaze me with how you mix everything together and end up with these stunning results. Isthere a tutorial for the folio base somewhere?
WOW…all are gorgeously festive…love the bright cheery feel, and your video was wonderful and inspiring!
Love the window shaker
part, but the whole gift
Carla from Utah
Hello Kathy, another winter wonderland creation. Love the window, don’t mind looking out at the snow if I can stay warm inside. Not much chance with that though because my lovely pooch always wants a walk. Rather cold here today with a frosty morning . Thank you for all your inspiration. Carol xx
Hi Kathy, absolutely beautiful. full of color. Love those tags, and that gorgeous RRR .
you did it again. super inspiring…….have a good week-end.
Kathy, you make me want to run to my Closet and do some Christmas crafting! I love these bright and festive papers and of of course, all your chosen embellishments on the sweet tags. The shaker card/gift is incredibly fun! I love the shaker window–I will never look at that die the same way again! And all the embellishments on the window and the goodies on the inside take this to somewhere around FANTASTIC! You amaze me with your creativity and range of skills! Sending big ol’ hugs!
PS No trouble with commenting today! :):)
This is just lovely! That window is amazing!
Goodness gracious! One is more festive then the next. Thank you!