Steampunk Debutante Mixed Media Tag Album Tutorial for Graphic 45
Hello, G45’ers! Three of my favorite words in the English language are Imagine, Inspire and Create. When Graphic 45 released their awesome Staples Square Tags with those very words laser cut into them, I was hooked. I decided to treat these tags to a day at the mixed media craft spa. I painted, embossed and spattered, fussy cut, glued and altered to my heart’s content. Today I get to share my G45 Steampunk Debutante Mixed Media tag album tutorial with you. Let’s get inky!
Paint, stencils, crackle paste, chipboard and embossing powders added all kinds of texture and steampunk vibe to this project. The tags function as the pages, and although there are only 3 tags, I added loads of fold outs, pockets and surprises to make for a really chunky, interactive album.
Cover a “from scratch” album like this one with DIY papers and you never have to paper piece! This album is covered with DIY Curiosity Collage. The neutral background allows me to add lots of steampunky greens, blues and copper tones.
Imagine, Create, Inspire!
Steampunk Debutante Mixed Media Tag Album Video Tour
Because I know it’s hard to get a feel for the flow of a mini album with still shots, I prepared a YouTube video tour for your viewing pleasure. You’ll see the album in its entirety as we tour the album together. I also share lots of design tips and tricks along the way.
Steampunk Debutante Mixed Media Tag Album Tutorial on Snapguide
The Steampunk Debutante Deluxe Collector’s Edition filled me with inspiration. Creating this album and tutorial to share with you was loads of fun. I hope you’ were inspired to get out your mixed media supplies and gorgeous G45 goodies, too. Imagine, Create, and inspire others with your beautiful art!
Thanks for stopping by!
G45 Steampunk Debutante Mixed Media Tag Album Tutorial Supply List
Wherever possible, I’ve provided links, however some items have been in my stash for a while, and I could not find them online. You can probably find substitutes that will work well.
- Graphic 45 Steampunk Debutante Deluxe Collector’s Edition
- Staples DIY Curiosity Collage & Butterflies papers
- Shabby Chic Metal Clock Keys
- ATC Black Policy Envelope
- Staples Kraft ATC Tags
- Inspire, Create, Imagine Kraft Tags
- Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Steampunk Chipboard
- Americana Decoupage Matte
- Prima Copper Crackle Texture Paste
- Distress Paint: Antiqued Bronze, Peacock Feathers, Gathered Twigs
- Stampendous Embossing Powders
- Encrusted Jewel Blue Kit
- Spoonful of Rust
- Encrusted Jewel Teal Kit
- WOW Metallic Copper Ultra High Embossing Enamel
- Mix’d Media Inx Truffle Embossing Powder
- Petaloo Flowers
- Tim Holtz Gears Stencil
- Gear head Thinlits Dies
- Tammy Tutterow Waterfall 2 Die
- Tim Holtz Industrious Stickers, Frames and trims
- Clear Acetate Sheet
- Foam tape
- Copper Silky Crush Ribbon, Noble Peacock Seam Binding
- Assorted metal gears and embellies from my stash