Blooming Beautiful Graphic 45 Garden Goddess Shaker Card
Hello, Ribbon Lovers! I’m absolutely loving the versatility of the Really Reasonable Ribbon November Ribbon Club Assortment! It’s great for Christmas, of course, but also a fabulous play mate for this Blooming Beautiful Graphic 45 Garden Goddess Shaker Card.
I paired up 5/8″ Sherbet Shimmer Satin with 3/8″ moss/cream gingham ribbon to create this fancy bow cluster.
These colors just pop with the Graphic 45 Garden Goddess papers. And a shaker card is always so much fun to give and receive.
Blooming Beautiful Graphic 45 Garden Goddess Shaker Card: A Peek Inside
I just had the best time making this interactive card! Here’s how I built this flap page.
- First, cut an 8″ x 6 7/8″ panel of the sunflower paper from the 8×8 paper pad.
- Next, score the long side at 3 1/8″. Fold to form a flap.
- Now adhere the flap page mechanism to the card base.
- Then open the flap and place a Basic Grey magnet about 2 1/2″ from the left hand edge, midway between the card top and bottom. Secure with a small piece of Scor-Tape.
- Place the “matching” magnet on top of the first magnet. Peel off the adhesive liner and close the flap page. Now the magnets will hold the flap shut.
- Build a pocket from the Garden Goddess pocket and tag page. Adhere this to the flap, leaving the pointed end unfolded. Tuck in a little spoon.
- Then mat a sticker tag on cardstock and adhere on the side of the flap.
Inside the flap page, adhere a 4″ x 6″ ephemera card over the magnet. Cut a strip of designer paper and cover the magnet on the flap. I suspended the metal edge of the velvet bookmark from the magnet on the back of the flap, then wrapped it up over the top of the flap page so it would dangle prettily on the front of the flap. Isn’t that fun?
Blooming Beautiful Graphic 45 Garden Goddess Shaker Card: The pocket and insert
I used my scraps to create a little tea wallet to tuck into the pocket on the bottom.
This whole collection just makes me want to throw a garden party!
I hope I’ve shared some tips, techniques and ideas that you can use in your own crafty adventures! If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Thanks for stopping by!
What a delightful card, Kathy. Your listing of steps for creating this card is so helpful. The bow on the card front is so lovely. Is that a pin at the center of your bow? It’s such a great touch as is the shaker element and bookmark. I’ll be continuing to study all the little details (especially the magnet directions). As always, learning so much from you! Thanks for sharing your talents so generously. Sending a big hug your way.
ohh my kathy this card is beautiful. love everything about it..especially the tea theme….man you are a troublemaker….now i NEED that paper too…ill tell hubby it was your fault..lol
This is so much fun and beauty in one. With a velvet bookmark bonus. Thank you for sharing.
Oh my goodness, Kathy! Girl! I think this must be one of the most gorgeous AND fun cards ever! I can see now I’m probably going to have to buy that paper collection. LOL Your paper combos are perfect as always, and your embellishments are positively inspired! I LOVE that bookmark with it’s beautiful floral dangle. Etsy shop? Thank you so much for sharing! Hugs