This is my 2nd post of the day. To find my project for Frilly & Funkie, please scroll down.
Goin’ Junkin” with Graphic 45 Olde Curiosity Shoppe Folio
Hello, G45’ers! Graphic 45 Olde Curiosity Shoppe Deluxe Collector Edition captures all the fun and adventure of a dusty old vintage shop. I worked these gorgeous papers and eclectic images up into an interactive folio album loaded with flaps, envelopes, fold outs, folios, tags, pockets and FUN!
I can’t think of a better way to spend an afternoon than going junkin’. That’s what I call time spent venturing into thrift stores, flea markets and vintage shops in search of vintage treasures and “junk” that is just waiting to be given a new life in my crafting studio. You never know what kind of goodies you might find: old lace, tattered ledgers, dusty bottles, tarnished spoons, ugly home decor with good bones, estate jewelry. These items have a tendency to jump into my shopping basket when I’m not looking. (That’s my story, and I’m sticking with it!)
Make it Easy on Yourself: Using Staples Tags in a Folio Format
Make it easy on yourself! Use Kraft Staples Tags as a base as you layer your papers. The beautiful shaped edge and metal grommet add great design features. I used two on my cover. One is right side up and one is upside down.
Olde Curiosity Shoppe Folio Video Tour On YouTube
I’ve used Staples tags throughout this funky little folio. Inside you will find flaps, pockets, hidden pockets, mini folios and all sorts of fun surprises. It’s just like shopping in your favorite junkin’ spot.
This is such an interactive album, that I decided to create a video tour rather than a pile of photos. It’s so much easier to explain the various features in a video. I hope you enjoy this short YouTube video tour.
Graphic 45 Olde Curiosity Shoppe Folio Designer Tips
- To create the ATC Policy Envelope fold out feature, I cut a 1” wide x 8.25” long spine from my designer paper and scored it in half. The left hand side was glued under the facing page. Then I just glued my ATC Policy Envelopes on top of the other half. I used my craft knife to cut a slit between the envelopes so they can be turned individually.
- Turning a Staples Tag into a folio is as easy as 1,2,3! For a standard tag, cut cardstock to measure 7” wide by 4.75” tall. Score on the long side at 3.5”. Fold, shape the corners (if desired) and glue onto the tag base. Now you have a fun, interactive tag folio!
- Mat images from Parlor Wall onto folded pieces of kraft or black cardstock to create little folios within your album. This is a great way to use up leftover pieces of cardstock, and the interactive folios are loads of fun to open.
Olde Curiosity Shoppe Folio Supply List
Graphic 45 Olde Curiosity Shoppe 12×12 Deluxe Collector’s Edition (2 sheets each)
- Olde Curiosity Shoppe
- Optical Oddities
- Counting Down
- Parlor Wall
- Race for Time
- Butterfly Specifics
- Bazaar of Wonders
- Exquisite Motif
- Staples Kraft Alphabet Banner Tags
- Metal Staples
- Staples ATC Black Policy Envelopes
- 8.5 x 11 Kraft Cardstock, 6 sheets
- Black cardstock
- Broken China, Mustard Seed Distress Paint
- Petaloo Wild Roses: Teal, Robin’s Egg Blue
- Small magnets
- Glossy Accents
- Foam Dimensionals, Scoring Tool, glue gun, Scor-Tape (½” and ¼”)
- Vintage binder clips, feathers and other charms from your stash
I hope I’ve shared some inspiration, tips and tricks that you can use in your own crafty adventures. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Thanks for stopping by!
sorry I have not been around for a while been rather busy and I seem to have slowed down so much recently that the hours in the day go so fast for all I want to do.
Your Folio is gorgeous and so wonderfully created I love all the wonderful pockets and flaps to store lots of memories.in.
Such a super Graphic 34 collection used to a very high standard.
You sure are so very talented and clever lady.
Thank you for sharing all your superb work with us.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.
I so enjoyed the video showing of this project, Kathy. So many pockets and folios and flip folds and tags and…weill, all the nooks and crannies just kept revealing their treasures. Looking forward to a video or such showing how you created this folio. Thanks!
Such a treat for the senses!
…you are on a roll with all this yum details…you have used my most fav paper from G45. Hugs