St. Patrick’s Day Tag Treat Holders with Graphic 45 Calendar Collections
Hello, G45’ers! St. Patrick’s Day will soon be here! I thought it would be fun to create some little goodies for my favorite leprechauns to make the holiday even more fun. Graphic 45 has 3 gorgeous calendar collections: A Place in Time, Children’s Hour and Time to Flourish. And I have 3 gorgeous grand girls! What a happy coincidence! I pulled out all 3 collections, some G45 Staples long Ivory Tags and went to work designing these St. Patrick’s Day Tag Treat Holders.
A Place in Time Leprechaun Tag: How to turn a Tag into a Treat Holder
- Place a long Staples Tag (I used Ivory) on your scoring tool so that the long side is against the rail and the bracketed edge is on your right.
- Starting at the left hand side, score the tag at 3.5″ and again at 4″.
- Gently fold the tag slowly so that you don’t crack the heavy cardstock. You might need to very lightly moisten the area along the crease with a baby wipe or damp paper towel.
- Burnish with a bone folder to set the crease.
- Decorate with paper.
- Add a pocket to the inside.
- Thread ribbon through the grommet, and suspend a little shamrock charm, if desired.
- To make quick work of covering the spine, use wide Graphic 45 washi tape.
It’s really that simple!
For this St. Patrick’s Day Tag Treat Holder, I filled an antique bronze charm with designer paper then covered it with a cabochon. Green gingham ribbon wrapped around a paper spool and sealed with a button makes a sweet accent.
St. Patrick’s Day Tag Treat Holder with Time to Flourish
Children’s Hour St. Patrick’s Day Tag Treat Holder
I still love this sweet image from the Children’s Hour March page. Because it was a little too large for my tag, I fussy cut it to fit. Next I tucked stamps and flowers around it. For a finishing touch, I hung a sweet chippie from the collection and a wee shamrock charm in the grommet.
This design is adaptable to any occasion or theme. Just change the papers and you’re good to go!
I hope I’ve inspired you to break out your gorgeous Graphic 45 papers, Staples tags and chips. If so, my job is done here!
May the road rise up to meet you!