Graphic 45 Thankful Season Card Folio for Frilly and Funkie “Give Thanks” Challenge
Hello, Dear Friends! Tomorrow we celebrate Thanksgiving in the US. It’s probably my favorite of all the holidays. I mean, who doesn’t love a celebration centered around gratitude and food! So today I’m sharing a lovely Graphic 45 Thankful Season Card Folio made for the latest “Give Thanks” Challenge at Frilly and Funkie. We’ll take a look at the folio in a moment, but first let’s see what our lovely hostess, Sara Emily, has to say about this challenge.
We have so much to be grateful for! The Frilly and Funkie team is thankful for our loyal readers and our newest visitors! For this challenge, simply create a vintage or shabby chic project that expresses gratitude.
Thankful Season Card Folio with Graphic 45 Seasons Collection
The sentiment on this card kind of sums it all up for me. There is so much to be thankful for! Thanksgiving is the perfect time to stop and count our blessings!
This Thankful Season Card Folio is a little larger than usual measuring a generous 5.5″ x 7.5″ with a 1/2″ spine. I needed more room to add all these fun elements: fussy cuts, mulberry flowers, mini pumpkins, an ornate shaker frame, fall ribbons, real feathers, filigree corners, and little stick pins.
Thankful Season Card Folio: Layering the Designer Paper
For this card folio, I worked primarily with papers from the 12×12 Patterns and Solids pad.
- First, mat a 5″ x 7″ panel of brown floral paper on a slightly larger panel of kraft card.
- Then ink the edges of both panels with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.
- Next, machine stitch the panels together. This is optional, but I love the texture that stitching adds to a card.
- Now, use the two largest dies from Spellbinder’s Labels Eight to cut paper layers from the orange text and orange floral papers. Ink the edges and mat on both kraft and dark brown paper.
- Then, cut one more paper layer from the back side of either print. This will be where we mount our shaker element.
- Next, ink up Dear Ruby with an embossing pad and stamp on the plain colored side of this label.
- Then, heat emboss with Charred Gold Leaves Embossing Powder.
- Layer all the die cut panels on the card using foam tabs, tape or waste cardboard to add dimension.
- Decorate with fussy cut elements, flowers, feathers, metal filigree corners, etc.
Thankful Season Card Folio: The Shaker Element
Here’s how I created the framed shaker sentiment on this Thankful Season Card Folio
- First, cut the sentiment from the 12×12 Graphic 45 Seasons Autumn Collective Page.
- Next, die cut 2 Ornate Frames from heavy kraft cardstock
- Now, use an embossing ink pad to stamp Tammy Tutterow’s Big Fabric Background Stamp on the front of one frame.
- Sprinkle with Emerald Creek Burnt Copper Leaves Embossing Powder and heat set.
- Next, smear Walnut Stain Distress Oxide Ink onto a non-stick craft. Then mist with water until small beads of ink form on the mat.
- Then press the embossed frame face down into the ink. Heat dry. Repeat until you like the finished product.
- Gently heat the frame until the embossed portions pop back to the surface.
- Now, cut two pieces of clear acetate (I used packaging materials) slightly larger than the frame opening. Use 1/8″ Scor-Tape to glue one piece to the back side of the top frame and one piece on the FRONT side of the bottom frame.
- Next, cut foam tape or dimensionals to create a border all the way around the inner edge of the frame. You don’t want this to show through the frame openings, so keep this in mind as you work. I used a product called Kool-Tak, as it is a clear foam tape.
- Then carefully fill the center of the bottom frame with your shaker elements. Don’t overfill. About a teaspoon of shaker elements like sequins, small beads and glitter should be enough.
- Now remove the foam tape liner and press the top frame onto the bottom frame, being careful to line them up.
The Thankful Season Card Folio: Goodness on the Inside
I love to add pockets and tags and other goodies inside my cards.
Sometimes it’s fun to change things up a little. So instead of a pocket on the top portion of the card, I created a double belly band .
This holds a 4″ x 6″ photo wallet and a darling little tea bag wallet.
The side pocket on the bottom holds a vintage style recipe card, a decorated honey stick (to go with the tea bag, of course) and a lovely vintage style tag.
Give Thanks Challenge at Frilly and Funkie: Now It’s YOUR turn!
We’d love to have you join us in this Give Thanks Challenge. To do so, you need simply create your own vintage style or shabby chic project that expresses gratitude. Then link your project up over on the Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog before midnight on Tuesday, December 5th. Please read all the challenge details and guidelines HERE.
The Frilly and Funkie team will choose our top four picks with the winner being invited to join us in a Guest DT spot at Frilly and Funkie and the next three picks will receive badges to display on their blogs. Everyone who enters and follows the rules will be entered into the draw to have the chance to win a $25 spending spree at The Funkie Junkie Boutique.
I can’t wait to see what you make!
Before I sign off, I’d like to wish each and every one of you a very Happy Thanksgiving Day. If you don’t celebrate Thanksgiving where you are, or if you’ve already celebrated, then I wish you the blessing of a grateful heart. As the sentiment on this Thankful Season Card Folio proclaimed: There is so much to be thankful for!
Thanks for stopping by!
Thankful Season Card Folio Product Links
Kathy, another lovely project. There’s something delightful about all the layers and pieces for this folio…isn’t Autumn the best? I just received a number of products from the seasons collection so your folio has my creative juices flowing. tfs–Happy Thanksgiving holidays.
What a stunning bouquet! I love the shaker too, so beautiful together. All of the tucks and elements are in perfect harmony. Another beautiful design! Happy Thanksgiving to you and hugs, Autumn
WOW…so beautiful and stunning! HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you friend!
Kathy! Wow, girl! You NEVER stop amazing me with your wonderful gift of putting together these awesome gift sets! I could play with this all day! I love your papers and of course, how they all flow together, intertwined with your embellishments. That double belly band with with two wallets inside just wow me! And your shaker feature is what takes this over the top for me! BEAUTY at every turn! Thank you for all your hard work; something similar would take me a month, and it would never turn out so wonderful! May I ask where you purchase the Kool tac clear foam tape? Sounds like something that should be in my adhesive arsenal. Wishing you a wonderful, family filled Thanksgiving! Sending big hugs!
Gorgeous! What a beautiful collection of tags, and of course the main attraction of the folio itself! Love the warm rustic colors and embellishments. Another masterpiece!
Well Kathy, your card folio is truly a gift that keeps on giving! Every single surface is treated with care and attention to detail, making those gorgeous papers weave their magic together enhanced by your clever use of embellishments. As ever I love it! Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving xx
I love your projects..they inspire me..and your use of papers and embellishments really make a stunning gift from the heart
Hi Kathy, firstly let me wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving Day for tomorrow. I’m sure you will enjoy it all. Your folder is a work of art, just so perfect for a special occasion. I love the colours and how the inside always matters as much as the front of your designs. Stay well and blessings to you and your family. Xx