Gumball Machine Masculine Shaker Card with Amazing Paper Grace September Club Kit
Hello, Friends! I’m bouncing back from a lovely Labor Day weekend with this Gumball Machine Masculine Shaker Card. This is the Spellbinders September 2022 Amazing Paper Grace Club kit, and it’s super duper adorable!
What is it about gumball machines that makes them so irresistible? I have such fond memories of getting a penny to put in the coin slot when I was a little girl. Out would pop 3 brightly colored gumballs. If you were having a lucky day, you might even get a ring! When my oldest granddaughter and I worked together on this cute card for her dad’s birthday party this weekend, we had so much fun sharing those memories. Her dad loved the card, too!
Making the Shaker Element
Although the die set comes with a “gumball” insert, Sophie and I decided that a buttons and sequins shaker card would be more fun. Here’s how we did it.
- First, cut 2 gumball machine bodies with the cut out die in the center. One should be from metallic cardstock. The other can be whatever scrap paper you have in your stash.
- Adhere clear cardstock (acetate) over the back of gumball window on each die cut. Trim away any overhang.
- Now die cut the accents and detail pieces for the gumball machine from silver metallic cardstock. Adhere these as seen in the photo.
- Next, adhere 3 layers of 1/8″ foam strips to the back side of the red metallic gumball machine. Fill this opening with your buttons and sequins mix.
- Finally, line up and adhere the 2nd gumball machine base over the foam tape and press in place.
If you’d like to see more examples made with this cute die, you can check out the tutorial on Becca’s blog.
You can find a linked supply list below this post.
I’ll be back with a Throwback Thursday tutorial later this week.
Hope you all had a fun and relaxing Labor Day weekend! Did you do any crafting? I’d love to hear about it in the comment section below.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Spellbinders APG Die of the Month/Gumball Machine
- Authentique Manly papers (retired and out of stock)
- Burlap String
- Buttons, sequins and coins from my stash