Halloween Week: Slimline Shaker Treat Card
Hello, Friends! Welcome to Halloween Week Day One! Since Halloween is just a couple weeks away, I thought it would be fun to share a week of Halloween Inspiration here on the blog. Today’s spooky project is a Carta Bella Halloween Market Slimline Shaker Treat Card.
Like all slimline cards, this one measures 8 1/2″ x 3 1/2″. Here’s how to create the base for this fun card.
- First, score black 8 1/2″ x 11″ cardstock on the long side at 3 1/2″ , 4″, 7 1/2″, 8″ and 91/2″.
- Now fold along the scored lines to create an 8 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ top fold card base with a 1/2″ spine at the top.
- Next, cut an 8 3/8″ x 3 3/8″ panel of Carta Bella Solid Cardstock.
- Top this with an 8 1/4″ x 3 1/4″ panel of the plaid pattern.
- Now cut the candy cart border strip and adhere in the center of the plaid pattern.
- Run 1/4″ Scor-Tape along the bottom of the card. Leave the ends long on each side. Then adhere a piece of Halloween Ribbon and wrap around to the back side of the panel.
- Repeat this along the top of the card and adhere black crochet lace.
- Create the shaker element from an ephemera frame. Pop the center sentiment out of the frame and adhere to the candy carts. Then back the frame with clear cardstock. Add layers of foam tape. Place your sequin mix in the center of the sentiment.
- Now line up the frame with the sentiment and press to adhere.
- Adhere a Reneabouquets Scarecrow on the left hand side of the shaker frame.
- Then add flowers, ribbon and buttons to complete the card front.
A Peek Inside
It’s easy to add the box pocket inside this card.
- First, fold along the scored lines. You can see the 1/2″ spine on the bottom of the pocket in this photo.
- Fold the extra scored flap behind the pocket area to make a sturdy pocket.
- Next, cut (2) 1 1/2″ x 1 1/2″ pieces of black cardstock from your scraps.
- Now score each of these at 1/2″ and 1″. Fold along the scored lines. These will be the sides of the pockets. Adhere the left and right hand flaps to the back of the pocket and to the base of the card.
Now all you need to do is decorate your card and add a little treat to the pocket. Create a small note card from a scrap of designer paper and write a spooky greeting inside.
I love to make this style of card. It’s quick and easy, but looks terrific. Putting a treat in the pocket turns it into a gift. I hope you’ll have fun making this one!
I’ll be back tomorrow with another boo-tiful Halloween project! You can find a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Carta Bella Halloween Market
- Reneabouquets Scarecrow
- Buttons Galore and More
- 3/8″ Houndstooth Ribbon
- Gold Metallic String
- Halloween Ribbon
- Black Crochet Lace (retired)
- Buttons and Flowers from my stash