Heartfelt Creations April 2021 Alumni Blog Hop: Springtime Floral Shoppe Folio
Hello, Friends! Welcome to the Heartfelt Creations April 2021 Alumni Blog Hop! The hop starts here and runs through 11:55 PM on Monday, May 3rd 2021. At that time, we will randomly choose a comment from a mystery blog to win a $25 Heartfelt Creations Gift Card! How exciting is that? Be sure to check the Heartfelt Creations Blog and Facebook Page on Wednesday May 5th because that is where the winner will be announced. The winner will then have 72 hours to claim the prize. If you are the lucky winner, simply email email@example.com and write “Winner of the April 2021 Alumni Hop” in the subject line.
Floral Shoppe Springtime Folio
Have you had a chance to play with the fabulous Floral Shoppe Collection yet? This is probably one of my all time favorite collections! It’s just so easy to put together a beautiful project with these papers, stamps and dies. I created a winter floral urn a few months ago, so I decided to make a Springtime urn for this hop.
Would you like to know my sneaky trick? Instead of stamping each image and floral filler, simply die cut them from the paper pad! So easy! Then I just add a little Crystal Clear Glitter or Prills to the individual flowers using my Art Institute Dries Clear. This creates wonderful dimension in a floral arrangement!
Daisies are the perfect flower for springtime projects. Here’s how I made these cheery yellow daisies.
- First, stamp Delightful Daisies on Specialty Floral Paper using green ink.
- Next, while the ink is still wet, heat emboss with clear powder.
- Then swipe Distress Inks on a non-stick craft mat. I chose to work with Scattered Straw, Squeezed Lemonade and Mustard Seed. Spritz the ink with a mister bottle until little beads of moisture form. Then tap or swipe the stamped images through the ink. Let them dry naturally, or gently dry with your heat gun if you are impatient like me.
- Now die cut the Delightful Daisies with the matching die.
- Shape the petals with the Golf Tool Shaping Kit.
- Then fill the center of each flower with hot glue and glass beads.
Buttons and Bows
Wrap the spine of the folio with 1/4″ yellow gingham ribbon. Tie a knot, then top it with a bow and a posy. Leave the tails long, and adhere buttons along the length to add a playful feel to the project.
A Peek Inside
Add a blank card front and pocket to the inside of the card. This gives you a great place to write a personal message, and tuck in a thoughtful gift.
TIP: Dress up a tea bag with a scrap of designer paper, then tuck in a little demitasse spoon to go with it. You can do the same thing with a Ghiradelli Chocolate square. Add a little honey stick, and your card is now a gift.
On With the Hop
Here’s the line up for the Heartfelt Creations April 2021 Alumni Hop. I’ve had a sneak peek at some of these projects, and let me assure you…you are about to be amazed and inspired by the beautiful projects coming your way!
Kathy Clement – YOU ARE HERE
Candy Slabaugh – http://candyscreationsblog.blogspot.com/
Oksana Clegg – https://everydaycrafting.blogspot.com/
Monica Edwards – http://scraps2treasure.blogspot.com/
Amarilys Doria – https://amadrian8.blogspot.com/search/label/Heartfelt%20Creations
Lisa Gregory – https://what-a-beautiful-mess.blogspot.com/
Emily Niehaus – https://emmielouwho.blogspot.com/
I hope I’ve shared some tips, tricks and ideas that you can use in your next crafty adventure. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
To leave a comment on this post, please scroll back up to the top of this page and click on the blue “REPLIES” button. You will find it just under the title.. Thanks so much!
Enjoy the hop!
- Heartfelt Creations Floral Shoppe Collection
- Delightful Daisy Die and Stamp Set
- Groove Golf Tool Kit
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper
- Rajni Chawla Crystal Clear
- Dries Clear Adhesive